file Frage UCCNC or WinPC-CNC?

Mehr
28 Dez 2016 16:47 #41362 von SFDeeJay
UCCNC or WinPC-CNC? wurde erstellt von SFDeeJay
Folk at StepCraft(USA) are on holiday break, so I'm stuck with my beautiful new ST2-600 unable to function (bad UCCNC install). Ok, I should have read the starter manual for UCCNC, but dived in and ran Setup from the included CDROM. Big mistake, while my license was recognized, I was not given the option to choose machine model. Lights on control unit and parallel-to-USB look good, but NO motion control. Apparently, I can't go back now to select the machine (from the CD's StepCraft directory), says I have old version of software. Would it be possible to get a link to download WinPC-CNC so I can wipe everything and start over with a simpler interface. Now is when I really wish I had taken German as a second language! Thanks all.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
28 Dez 2016 21:23 - 28 Dez 2016 21:23 #41386 von jvalencia
jvalencia antwortete auf UCCNC or WinPC-CNC?
Do you have a license code or file for UCCNC?

If so, download the latest version from the developer. Then put that file on the uccnc folder. Finally someone can give you the stepcraft profile and that's all.

http://www.cncdrive.com/UCCNC/download_UCCNC.php

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad
Letzte Änderung: 28 Dez 2016 21:23 von jvalencia.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: SFDeeJay

Mehr
28 Dez 2016 21:56 #41391 von DerRoy
DerRoy antwortete auf UCCNC or WinPC-CNC?
Have a look at the CD, there should be a folder named Stepcraft.
Install the files from that folder and you should be able to choose the model.
I could send you a Dropbox link to mine, but than you will have German gui.

You will also need to copy your license file into the UCCNC folder as well.

BR
Roy

MfG
Roy

SC 600/2; SolidWorks; UCCnC und UC100; EstlCam und Arduino Steuerung; KRESS 800kfme;

Mehr
29 Dez 2016 17:53 #41452 von SFDeeJay
SFDeeJay antwortete auf UCCNC or WinPC-CNC?
Roy and JValencia, much thanks. I sent a request to the UCCNC folk to possibly downgrade from the more complicated software to WinPC-CNC because I really just need the most basic USB connection and ability to import GCode. I feel like such a newbie when all looks great and one little pin checkbox shows red (hope that doesn't one of my solder joints is less than stable). Wow, I can see I have a long way to go.

Mehr
29 Dez 2016 18:09 #41458 von peterg1000
peterg1000 antwortete auf UCCNC or WinPC-CNC?
As far as I am aware WinPC-CNC doesn't run Gcode directly, whereas UCCNC does - in the forma of a readable and editable text file.

UCCNC is really not that complicated to use, and it has a first class user interface - just take it slowly screen by screen. There are always folks on this forum who will help if you run into difficulties too.

Peter

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Mehr
29 Dez 2016 18:19 #41465 von alpenkreuzer
alpenkreuzer antwortete auf UCCNC or WinPC-CNC?

peterg1000 schrieb: As far as I am aware WinPC-CNC doesn't run Gcode directly, whereas UCCNC does - in the forma of a readable and editable text file.

Win-PCNC (full version, not Starter) runs G-Code as well.

Gruss Michael

begonnen mit 420/2, Alu-Fräse "KARLA" (noch im Bau)
EstlCam mit Arduino NANO, WinPC-NC USB
Kress, QCAD, Fusion 360, Inventor, Winghelper

Mehr
29 Dez 2016 18:26 #41467 von DerRoy
Well, UCCnc is a really good piece of software, except the CAM part which is useless in my opinion.

@SFDeeJay: I could send you the parameters from the set-up page if you would like to try?

BR
Roy

MfG
Roy

SC 600/2; SolidWorks; UCCnC und UC100; EstlCam und Arduino Steuerung; KRESS 800kfme;

Mehr
29 Dez 2016 18:37 #41468 von DerRoy
O.K., here we go:

X-Axis setup:

Y-Axis setup:

Z-Axis setup:

Spindle:

I/O Setup:

General Settings:

BR
Roy

MfG
Roy

Dieser Beitrag enthält Bilddateien.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um sie zu sehen.

Mehr
29 Dez 2016 18:47 - 29 Dez 2016 18:48 #41472 von DerRoy
I just recognized, the Stepcraft folder also has an EN Subfolder!
Here is the link to this folder in my dropbox, just download and run the Screensetinst.exe:

DropBox

BR
Roy

MfG
Roy

Letzte Änderung: 29 Dez 2016 18:48 von DerRoy. Grund: missing letters

• ThomasDbg
  • ThomasDbgs Avatar
  • SC2/600 mit HF Spindel 500W
Mehr
02 Jan 2017 12:09 #41729 von ThomasDbg
ThomasDbg antwortete auf UCCNC or WinPC-CNC?
@SFDeejay

Good morning! Did you solve your problem?

Kind regards,
Thomas

Produktevangelist :-)

Es grüßt mit der Ihm gegebenen Freundlichkeit...

...der Thomas

Mehr
02 Jan 2017 13:15 - 02 Jan 2017 13:15 #41741 von DerRoy
Yes, it would have been nice to get some kind of feedback.

BR
Roy

MfG
Roy

Letzte Änderung: 02 Jan 2017 13:15 von DerRoy.

Mehr
02 Jan 2017 17:48 #41750 von SFDeeJay
DerRoy: Wow, those screenshots will be SO helpful. Thank you for taking the time - it's a bit difficult coordinating the difference in our time zones. I'm going to print each screen and go out to the shop right away.
By the way, please take a look at a new post "DXF Import doesn't work in UCCNC"

Mehr
02 Jan 2017 19:47 - 02 Jan 2017 19:48 #41760 von DerRoy
Make your life more easy, use my link to the Stepcraft files, download them and just run the Screensetinst.exe
these are the original Stepcraft setup files, which will also install the right profile. And it should be in english!

As I don't use UCCnC for the CAM part (I guess I mentioned before, in my opinion it is useless), I am sorry but I can't help with this.
Have a look at EstlCam , it works great and you can set it to english and also set it up to create UCCNC compatible Code files.

BR
Roy

MfG
Roy

Letzte Änderung: 02 Jan 2017 19:48 von DerRoy.

Mehr
02 Jan 2017 21:39 #41770 von SFDeeJay
So glad you recommended Estlcam, DerRoy. Didn't realize you could select English as an option, so thanks for that. Printed out all your pinout screens and after checking each one carefully, will give Estlcam a try.

Mehr
04 Jan 2017 02:30 #41821 von SFDeeJay
DerRoy: Should this concern me - EVERY one of your Step Pins (Schritte) and Dir Pins (Richtung) are reversed from mine. Pretty sure I made correct connections (and when activated, all move in desired direction). Of course, my screens are in English, so I'm just going to follow your changes to the numbers. Instead, perhaps I'll be able to get "screensetinst" to work with the zip file I downloaded from your dropbox. Thanks again for your support (and especially, your patience!) ..don

• ThomasDbg
  • ThomasDbgs Avatar
  • SC2/600 mit HF Spindel 500W
Mehr
04 Jan 2017 09:40 #41827 von ThomasDbg
ThomasDbg antwortete auf UCCNC or WinPC-CNC?

DerRoy schrieb: I just recognized, the Stepcraft folder also has an EN Subfolder!
Here is the link to this folder in my dropbox, just download and run the Screensetinst.exe:

DropBox

BR
Roy

Good mroning, Roy!

Please notice, that the screensetinst is a protected Software addon of Stepcraft GmbH & Co. KG.

Produktevangelist :-)

Es grüßt mit der Ihm gegebenen Freundlichkeit...

...der Thomas

Mehr
04 Jan 2017 15:45 #41860 von DerRoy
Hello Thomas,

Recognised, but as he bought a Stepcraft with UCCNC I thought it should not be a problem.
I will remove the share from my stepcraft folder.

BR
Roy

MfG
Roy

Mehr
04 Jan 2017 17:36 #41872 von SFDeeJay
ThomasDGB: DerRoy assumed correctly that I am a registered UCCNC user - NOT a happy one, because of the DXF issue, however. I am curious, since your hardware configuration is the same as mine, what do you use as a post-processor when a .dxf file is the only way of getting drawings into GCode? I am now sitting on a $4,000 investment that can only be controlled with software that does not accept files shown on it's import screen.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: DerRoy