file Frage WINPC-NC starter importing .plt outline problem

Mehr
02 Jan 2017 15:49 #41748 von MoMa
Hello everybody,

I am using WINPC-CN starter for the first days now, and I have some troubling opening my files.
I have a .ai (illustator) file, which is text only. I didn't create outlines, but when I export it to .dxf and converse it online ( convertio.co ) to .plt it transforms the text in outlines.
I want single line letters, which I want to engrave in resopal. No need for outlines. My guess was that since .plt is a plotter files, it automatically transforms text into outlines.
The problem with opening .dxf files is that lots of data (letters) are lost.

Does anybody has tips on what file to use, to make a simple text engraving?

Thanks a lot.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
02 Jan 2017 17:48 - 02 Jan 2017 17:49 #41751 von Worldhusky

MoMa schrieb: ... I want single line letters, which I want to engrave in resopal. No need for outlines. My guess was that since .plt is a plotter files, it automatically transforms text into outlines.
The problem with opening .dxf files is that lots of data (letters) are lost.

Does anybody has tips on what file to use, to make a simple text engraving?

Thanks a lot.

Hi,
to achieve a single line letter you need to use a .... single line font. ;)
If there isn't one on your system check the internet for free single line fonts. e.g. www.mrrace.com/CamBam_Fonts/

To use it in a dxf you have to "explode" / "break down" (or how ever it is called in your program) the text in your drawing before it is send to your CAM Software.

Try this test dxf with exploded single line text:

It's not only about tools it's also about skills! ;)

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Anhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

Letzte Änderung: 02 Jan 2017 17:49 von Worldhusky.

Mehr
02 Jan 2017 20:32 #41764 von MoMa
Thanks a lot!
I will do a test run tommorow.
Also, I just bumped into app.easel.com which seems to be a browser-based really basic and quick CAM program. Seems to work easier than winpc-cnc from the way it looks.
Will let you know how it works.

Mehr
04 Jan 2017 19:22 #41880 von MoMa
Your test file in single line font (CamBam I guess, right?) opens fine in WINPCNC, after first exploding it in Autocad. Which is already a small step forward!

The strange thing, however, is that when I make a test text myself in Illustrator using the same single line cambam font (which I downloaded), and export it to autocad in order to explode it and save it as .dxf, than WINPCNC gives an error message: 'Error Data cannot be displayed'

What program did you use for that dfx file?

Mehr
04 Jan 2017 21:28 #41886 von Worldhusky

MoMa schrieb: What program did you use for that dfx file?

I used QCAD Pro but for your test the QCAD free Community edition will do it too.

Regarding exploding: There are Programs out there which are working with different levels of exploding. Some of them are breaking down everything at the first time. Other programs are more sensitive like QCAD. Depending on the Object there are up to three levels of exploding.
Try in your program to explode the same text 1, 2 or 3 times - maybe that will already solve your problem. If not try the QCAD CE Edition which can be downloaded at this URL.

It's not only about tools it's also about skills! ;)