file Frage Winpc-nc autolevel for PCB?

Mehr
10 Jan 2017 12:45 #42316 von scombro
Winpc-nc autolevel for PCB? wurde erstellt von scombro
Hello,

Does anyone know if there is any way to do autolevel with winpc-nc, either by program or by macro, to mill pcb

Regards

SC840, Dremel Pro.398, winpc-NC USB

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
10 Jan 2017 20:55 #42346 von DocBrown
DocBrown antwortete auf Winpc-nc autolevel for PCB?
Hi scombro,

think not, but I'm using UCCNC which has a auto-leveler as well as ESTLCAM. ESTLCAM is basically a CAM SW but also includes a clever made CNC part in combination with an Arduino UNO. But here you need the parallel-adapter board from Stepcraft.

ESTLCAM should open with a English web-page hopefully.
You can download the SW for free but after some time using it starts with a delay...so finally you should buy it.

I'm using ESTLCAM as a CNC controller when milling a PCB.

There's a video showing the auto-leveling function on the Estlcam web-page...

Viele Grüße

Hartmut
V2/420 China 800W wassergekühlt
UCCNC & ARDUINO ESTLCAM Controller
ESTLCAM & QCAD
DK5LH/G11
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: scombro

Mehr
11 Jan 2017 12:52 #42375 von scombro
scombro antwortete auf Winpc-nc autolevel for PCB?
Thanks a lot, I have done a forum search and it seems to be the best option, I also liked the option of replacing the USB module with the Arduino UNO and its shield instead of the LPT module
I will continue to research with the help of google translator because in the German forum there is much information

Regards

SC840, Dremel Pro.398, winpc-NC USB

Mehr
11 Jan 2017 19:16 - 11 Jan 2017 19:17 #42391 von CNCMiller
CNCMiller antwortete auf Winpc-nc autolevel for PCB?
Hello scrombo,

WinPC-NC has no auto-level function, but why do you want that?
A PCB plate is as flat as it is produced.

If you flatten your sacrifice material (with a flat end mill) to the size of your wanted PCB and you place your PCB in that area it is as level as possible.

you even can use the tool length sensor function in winpc-nc to set the Z-zero hight.
Connect two wires on the right pins on the main board.
Than attach a crocodile clip on one wire and clamp it on your engraving bit.
Strip the end of the other wire hold that one on you copper PCB side. (make sure you test this with a loosen bit in your spindel to prevent breaking) (start high on the Z-axis and after activate "move to switch Z-axis" make contact with the second wire to test the stop function) Stay alert!

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021
Letzte Änderung: 11 Jan 2017 19:17 von CNCMiller.

Mehr
11 Jan 2017 20:39 #42393 von DerRoy
DerRoy antwortete auf Winpc-nc autolevel for PCB?
Well CNCMiller,

pls. give me your source for the PCB's you buy. Mine are never flat, I even have 2/10mm difference.
As the depth for isolating milling is only 0,15mm I need to check the surface with an autoleveler.

I can recommend to change to EstlCam with the Arduino control board.

BR
Roy

MfG
Roy

SC 600/2; SolidWorks; UCCnC und UC100; EstlCam und Arduino Steuerung; KRESS 800kfme;

Mehr
12 Jan 2017 10:26 #42402 von peterg1000
peterg1000 antwortete auf Winpc-nc autolevel for PCB?
Hi Roy,

You might like to view some pictures of my pcb etching setup that I posted on the "Introduce Yourself" section under "Hi 840 member from Spain". The spoilboard, when surfaced, checks out to better than 25 microns (0.001") over the whole area.

The vacuum table ensures that the pcb really is flat - again to better than 25 microns.

I buy all my pcb material (FR4) from RS in the UK.

Peter

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Mehr
12 Jan 2017 18:31 #42417 von CNCMiller
The last one's I bought are from Conrad ans they where from the brand Proma EPOXYD FR4

and if you don't have a vacuum table try double sided tape for cards that is really thin less than 0.05 mm
I find mine at Action shop and this is very sticky so your PCB will not move, remove tape residue with thinner.

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021

Mehr
12 Jan 2017 20:41 #42420 von peterg1000
peterg1000 antwortete auf Winpc-nc autolevel for PCB?
Did you know that Proma EPOXYD FR4 is a paper laminate not glass fibre?

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Mehr
13 Jan 2017 08:53 #42428 von CNCMiller
Oh yeah, sorry wrong nr.
They provide paper and epoxy, just look carefully if there is a K= for paper or E for epoxy in the nr.
another one witch i use is Bungard 020306E52