question-circle Frage Text is drawn mirrored

Mehr
13 Okt 2018 23:49 #54806 von Lissoni
Text is drawn mirrored wurde erstellt von Lissoni
Hi! Super happy to be part of this new world for me. Got a Stepcraft 2 300 to start and I am try to understand how to run efficiently Mach3. It is an almost new, but second hand, and everything has been set up by Stepcraft, so I guess the settings are correct. Now I was running some tests with a marker as end mill to draw lines and texts. Everything is fine except that I get all the models reverse. It is probably due to some reverse settings in the home and limits but I can not understand what it is. I have the home switches (mechanical) on my top left corner, but Mach3 has the origin on the left bottom corner. I think that is the reason why I get all reverse. Thank you for the help and sorry for the newbie question! (attached the dropbox link to the pictures showing my case)

www.dropbox.com/s/tlc3i2qs63j71hz/Stepcraft%202.pdf?dl=0

SC 2/300 AMB (Kress) 1050 FME-1
CAD/CAM: Fusion 360
CNC Software: Mach3

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
15 Okt 2018 12:20 #54816 von Rahul
Rahul antwortete auf Text is drawn mirrored
Seems that your x-axis is reversed.
At my machine the x axis starts on the side with the stepper and increases to the other side.
It should be possible to set up your control software to the right direction.

Fräse: SC 2/840 USB, Proxxon IBS/E STEPCRAFT HF-500, Werkzeugwechsler + WZLS + T-Nutentisch
3D-Drucker: MendelMax 1.5
CAD: Designspark Mechanical, Eagle
CAM: Estlcam V9, DeskProto

Mehr
16 Okt 2018 14:22 #54823 von Lissoni
Lissoni antwortete auf Text is drawn mirrored
Hi, thanks for reply. I also think is a X axis problem. In home and limits I tried to reverse but my X axis move correct from the ho switch (top left corner) to the right. If I reverse it it will go to the top right corner for homing and no switch there. On another forum someone suggested this:
"The models are reversed ...
On which axis?
If reversed on the X axis (for example), go in to Ports & Pins and flip the DIR signal for the X axis.
Where the home switches are does not really matter, as long as you tell Mach3 where they are. Fwiiw, I don't use them.
"
Do you think can be a solution? I still have to try it out

Thank you

Alessio

Mehr
21 Okt 2018 17:00 #54863 von Rahul
Pardon me for this late response.
I'd rather say that you have a problem with your CAM software where you create the gcode.
It seems that the software revereses the x axis since your machine works manually as desired (reference run is OK?)

Best regards,
Rahul

Fräse: SC 2/840 USB, Proxxon IBS/E STEPCRAFT HF-500, Werkzeugwechsler + WZLS + T-Nutentisch

Mehr
21 Okt 2018 21:32 #54865 von Lissoni
No problem, and thank you for the help. I asked the previous owner and he said that he was using to mirrored the model before running it. So I guess the problem is at the mach3 level. I am sure is something simple. If you use mach3 could you please make the screenshots of home and limits and other window important for this purpose? Since you have a Stepcraft the home axis references are the same only the working area would be difference.
Thank you.
Best,
Alessio

Mehr
28 Okt 2018 09:27 #54911 von Lissoni
Guys,
I have tried to reverse the X and Y axis but the text is always mirrored. I think the easy solution is that someone with a Stepcraft and use Mach3 as softer, postes the home and switch screenshots and whatever is need it to set the coordinates correctly. Thank you for your help.

Best,
Alessio

Mehr
30 Okt 2018 12:41 #54926 von Rahul
Suggestion:
Try to use Estlcam for creating the gcode.
This program can mirror your text or any other workpiece, and it's simple to use.