• stephankronthaler
  • stephankronthalers Avatar Autor
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
Mehr
28 Okt 2018 11:20 #54913 von stephankronthaler
UC CNC - Autoleveler Plugin, Digitizing wurde erstellt von stephankronthaler
Hi,
I try to digitize surfaces with the 3D touch probe, UC CNC and the Auto Leveler Plugin.
So far I get the machine to measure the surface I want, but I don't have a clue where the plugin saves the point cloud.
In an older version of the plugin there was a macro which could be edited to set the file and location for the data.
The newest plugin comes without any macro (and without a manual), so I don't know where to search or where I could set the preferences for the output file.
I am very thankful for any hint :-)

Cheers, Stephan

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

• stephankronthaler
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
Mehr
25 Nov 2018 17:20 #55250 von stephankronthaler
stephankronthaler antwortete auf UC CNC - Autoleveler Plugin, Digitizing
No one??

Mehr
26 Nov 2018 00:47 #55254 von TommyF
Wake up SC, one should think one can get a answer here....

• MagIO2
  • MagIO2s Avatar
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Zu viele Ideen und zu wenig Zeit
Mehr
26 Nov 2018 07:45 #55257 von MagIO2
This, in fact, is a user-forum. And I think it has been stated more clearly somewhen in the past.
However, if you need help from SC this is the wrong place. They prefer telephone support. This has been discussed more than once in the past.

Here you can expect to get help from other users, on best effort basis. And the forum had it's best times before SC changed the forum system/layout.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas

• stephankronthaler
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
Mehr
26 Nov 2018 09:51 #55258 von stephankronthaler
stephankronthaler antwortete auf UC CNC - Autoleveler Plugin, Digitizing
Sorry, but I really thought other users would have had the same issues and maybe solved it.
I had called SC over a month ago and they couldn't help (maybe I will try again..).
I also sent a mail to the developer of the autoleveler plugin 1 month ago and no answer yet...
Now I have got a touch probe and can't use it...

• MagIO2
  • MagIO2s Avatar
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
Mehr
26 Nov 2018 11:30 #55259 von MagIO2
No need to feel sorry for asking questions. My comment was more directed to TommyF, who obviously has the expectation that those kind of questions HAVE TO BE ANSWERED by SC. But SC only produces the machine and is not responsible for some software which does not work.

I did a quick search and it looks like the autoleveler plugin is not a tool which is heavily used by a wide range of CNC owners. So, I guess the chance to get help in this specific problem is very little.

I don't use UCCNC, so even if I am willing to help, I simply can't. Why don't you stick with the older version of the plugin then?
What do you need the point-cloud for?
Maybe a search of new files just after running the plugin can help to find the generated file? (first have a look at UCCNC-folder ... then temporary folders ...?)

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas

Mehr
26 Nov 2018 17:50 #55263 von TommyF
OFC i have,, Stepcraft forum!! they dont HAVE to, but really,, they should care,,, well my mistake then to think they would look here to help costumer, ;-)

• MagIO2
  • MagIO2s Avatar
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
Mehr
26 Nov 2018 18:07 #55264 von MagIO2
Well ... most people think like that ... and you*re absolutely right. But it's cheaper when users help each other and it worked much better, when there were hundreds of posts per day - mostly driven by the german part of the forum at that days. With changing the forum software and ignoring the users complains, the number of posts was going down drastic even if the english speaking market came.

Gruß, Andreas