file Question HF Spindle supply voltage?

• Huff
  • Huff's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
01 Dec 2014 16:57 #11427 by Huff
HF Spindle supply voltage? was created by Huff
The motor for HF Spindle 350/500 is described as "three-phase". Am I right in thinking that this would not work off a British domestic mains voltage of 240V-60hz single-phase AC?

By the way, the "ask a question about this product" button on the Product details/Product Reviews box for this product (and maybe others?) appears broken, hence the question here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rory

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2014 17:21 #11432 by Rory
Replied by Rory on topic HF Spindle supply voltage?
Hi Huff, thanks for the question here.

The motor is three phase - the motor driver systen is powered by single phase. So the standard supply will work (UK mains is 50Hz).

Three phase can cost up to 10k to install! Might be a bit over kill for a wee STEPCRAFT! ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Huff

• Huff
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
02 Dec 2014 03:10 #11483 by Huff
Replied by Huff on topic HF Spindle supply voltage?
Many thanks Rory, I have a number of questions, so I'll keep them to this thread if I may, rather than start multiple ones...

The project I have in mind will involve a great deal of drilling small holes accurately, and cutting of shapes, mostly in flat alloy sheet of thicknesses ranging between .05mm and 3mm. With that in mind, would you recommend the HF Spindle in 500w over the Proxxon?

• MagIO2
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Zu viele Ideen und zu wenig Zeit
More
02 Dec 2014 06:12 #11485 by MagIO2
Replied by MagIO2 on topic HF Spindle supply voltage?
A forum is more usefull if each topic/question has its own thread. Otherwise you'd have to digg into each thread to see weather your question has been discussed elsewhere already. In contrast you only have to check the headlines.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rory

More
02 Dec 2014 19:28 #11525 by Rory

Huff wrote: Many thanks Rory, I have a number of questions, so I'll keep them to this thread if I may, rather than start multiple ones...

The project I have in mind will involve a great deal of drilling small holes accurately, and cutting of shapes, mostly in flat alloy sheet of thicknesses ranging between .05mm and 3mm. With that in mind, would you recommend the HF Spindle in 500w over the Proxxon?

Topic opened up here

More
02 Dec 2014 19:29 #11526 by Rory

MagIO2 wrote: A forum is more usefull if each topic/question has its own thread. Otherwise you'd have to digg into each thread to see weather your question has been discussed elsewhere already. In contrast you only have to check the headlines.

agreed - this is the best way

• Huff
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
02 Dec 2014 20:58 #11538 by Huff
Replied by Huff on topic HF Spindle supply voltage?
I will adopt this henceforth, I was merely trying to avoid cluttering-up your forum with lots of my posts!

More
03 Dec 2014 13:59 #11571 by Rory
Post away - you have a question? Chances are 8/10 have the same one. Post away!