• jcc26
  • jcc26's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
19 Feb 2015 16:10 #16068 by jcc26
Hi,

I have a StepCraft 300 machine.

I want to know whether adding the 4th axis module with the upgrade to WinPC-NC software will allow me to 'plug in' a Stepper motor of my own with a 9 pin D‐sub male connector and run 4 axis gcode?

Or is the 4th axis module somehow constrained to using the Circular table with three jaw chuck?

Many thanks,

Jack

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MagIO2
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Zu viele Ideen und zu wenig Zeit
More
19 Feb 2015 16:45 #16069 by MagIO2
Replied by MagIO2 on topic 4th axis module for bespoke application
Maybe you can give the answer to yourself. How should it be constrained? :whistle:

The only constrain is that the motor should at least be able to handle the max. currency that can be expected from the module.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas
The following user(s) said Thank You: jcc26

• MagIO2
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Zu viele Ideen und zu wenig Zeit
More
19 Feb 2015 18:48 #16070 by MagIO2
Replied by MagIO2 on topic 4th axis module for bespoke application
Can you tell a bit more about the application you have in mind?

Of course the circular table also applies a transmission. This means that one revolution of the motor only causes a partial revolution of the working piece. If you don't apply a transmission in your application the resolution would be pretty poor.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas

• jcc26
  • jcc26's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
20 Feb 2015 10:51 #16083 by jcc26
Replied by jcc26 on topic 4th axis module for bespoke application
Thanks!

I thought as much.

I'm planning on putting a RepRap 3D printer extruder on my StepCraft. The extruder should have the necessary reduction ratio in its transmission.