file Question HF spindels

• shedman
  • shedman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
07 Dec 2015 12:57 #27925 by shedman
HF spindels was created by shedman
Can someone tell me how much noise the HF spindels make I've not got a SC yet because the machine will have to used in the spare room so I will need the quietest spindel going, also is the HF350 still available as its not on the SC site any more. Noise is the only problem that's stopping me from making the final purchaseof a 2/600 machine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2015 14:34 - 07 Dec 2015 14:35 #27928 by MikeRD03
Replied by MikeRD03 on topic HF spindels
noise not only depends on the spindle but also on the material milled. So if noise is a problem you should think about a proper housing for the machine. It can eliminate over 80% of the noise level with a good acoustic insulation.

Here an example for my own DIY build:

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

SC M.500 | 2,2kW Spindel G-Penny | Mach4 über Ethernet Smoothstepper
Last edit: 07 Dec 2015 14:35 by MikeRD03.

• shedman
  • shedman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
07 Dec 2015 19:04 - 07 Dec 2015 19:04 #27935 by shedman
Replied by shedman on topic HF spindels
Nice enclosur MikeRD03 but not realy what I wanted to do, if I can start off with a quite spindle then I wont need to worry about building a sound proof box around the SC that's why I wanted to know the noise leval of the HF spindles, I've got an old Bosch 500 router that has been used in the past and probally makes the same amount of noise as your Kress, it's a shame SC don't provide a db leval for the HF spindel as it could work out to an expensive mistake
Last edit: 07 Dec 2015 19:04 by shedman.

More
11 Dec 2015 00:06 - 11 Dec 2015 00:07 #28052 by Kivinen
Replied by Kivinen on topic HF spindels
I have HF500 spindle, and the sound of the spindle is not what makes the sound, the end mill cutting the board makes the most of the sound. The HF500 spindle is so quiet that you can hear the machine sing (i.e. stepper motors running) while the spindle is running. When the bit actually starts to cut then the noise level raises quite a lot, and that depends what you are cutting (wood, aluminum etc). And when I turn on my heavy duty industrial vacuum cleaner I need to put earmuffs on to block out sound.

Here is an example video with sound from my HF500. You can hear the sound of the stepper motors, the sound of HF500, when it is not cutting and when it is cutting. As you can see from the dust, I do not have the vacuum cleaner on (I had it on in the beginning, but after it sucked out first of the three round disks even when I had tabs holding them in the place, I turned it off).

mp4 video

Stepcraft 2 840 Kickstarter make anything package
HF500, 3D print, Drag Knife, etc
UCCNC + UC100, V-Carve
Last edit: 11 Dec 2015 00:07 by Kivinen. Reason: Fixed video to be link