lightbulb Question DIY JOG/handwheel for UCCNC (1st trial)

• DocBrown
  • DocBrown's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
11 Feb 2016 18:49 #30555 by DocBrown
DIY JOG/handwheel for UCCNC (1st trial) was created by DocBrown
After not more than 2 weeks my handwheel (just the JOG) arrived yesterday from Hongkong. I've paid just 15,-€:
Here's one supplier:

eBay handwheel / JOG

The JOG will also work with MACH3 I think.

The JOG only is only one part, the other is still on development. Since I've only the UC100 interface I've not enough input ports for push buttons or switches. Here's the trick... I've started experimenting with an ARDUNI/GENUINO Micro (Leonardo should also work) using as a PC keyboard emulator. You have to add some switches and push buttons to the Arduino. Every button or switch then will be linked to a text phrase which finally will be send via USB to the PC / UCCNC MDI input field. I did some simple tests and it works but before you have to set the cursor into that field once.

The JOG itself will be connected to the X2 port input like PIN 13 and 15.

Finally the JOG, the Arduino and the push buttons and switches need a housing and a common 6 wire cable to a "splitter box". From this box a USB cable goes to the PC and the JOG cables goes to the X2 connector.

I need some days or more until I can show you everything. The Arduino sketch is on developement and I'm not an expert for this :unsure:

Here's a short poor quality video of the JOG and some screenshots with nice sound :blink:

I will come back here...if it hopefully works... :whistle:

Regards

Hartmut

Viele Grüße

Hartmut
V2/420 China 800W wassergekühlt
UCCNC & ARDUINO ESTLCAM Controller
ESTLCAM & QCAD
DK5LH/G11

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: FaFiNoS, Remotruker, Laffer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.