file Question Fixed air blast

• CNCMiller
  • CNCMiller's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
21 Oct 2016 11:44 - 21 Oct 2016 11:46 #38431 by CNCMiller
Fixed air blast was created by CNCMiller
Clearing chips is a serious problem when milling Aluminum, Plexiglas or other sticky material.
So I made a poor man's air blast that cools your bit and blast the chips away from your work piece and all of that for less than € 15,00 (if you still have some material).

Material used;
Aluminum plate 1 mm
Aluminum rod dia 10 mm
Plastic tube dia 2,4 mm (left over pushrod housing for RC planes)
Nuts and washers for 6 mm thread
An Airbrush hose with 1/8 BSP threat (cost approx € 3,00)

Attachment not found

An 2 or more way airbrush coupling (cost approx € 10,00)

First I a made a base plate from 1 mm Aluminum that fits under the dust collector, in this case a proxxon ISB/E motor and bent the hole 90 deg so it fits on de clamp screw.

Second take a piece of 10 mm rod approx 5 cm and clamp in lathe, first I made the 1/8 threat over a length of 2,5 cm. Than make the thickness to 6,1 mm and make the 6 mm threat so that you keep 1 cm 1/8 threat left. Now drill a hole of 2,4 mm over 2,8 cm. At last cut off the remaining material.

Push the pushrod tube in the hole and with a little heat bent it in shape.

Attachment not found

Assemble and connect hose and distributer to compressor, Done!!

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

P.S. I can't get the pictures to rotate sorry for that.

enjoy

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 21 Oct 2016 11:46 by CNCMiller.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bvs, DocBrown, Jens

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.