• bpaulson
  • bpaulson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
15 Nov 2021 10:08 #61614 by bpaulson
4th Axis WinPCNC settings? M700 was created by bpaulson
Hello All,

I was not able to find this in the forum, and I get various answers on the FB group...

I have the rotary 4Axis extension from StepCraft, and I'm using WinPCNC. The first tests made very long stretched paths in the workpiece, so I figured there must be something in the WinPCNC that wasnt set correctly. I found the "steps/rev" setting and changed it from the default of 3200 to 400. This was a big improvement, and engraving a test logo you could actually see what the design was.

Someone else suggested even 200 steps per revolution... What should this be?? 200 steps would mean a max resolution of 1.8 degrees per step!! that is not nearly enough for fine engraving/inlay work on 4th axis (which is why we bought the machine).

Any help is appreciated... there is not much documentation to be found (at least in English).

M700, WinPCNC 3.4, Fusion/Blender/SolidWorks/FreeCAD, Deskproto/Aspire 9 (trying)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.