lock Question Play in all axes :( Frustrated new Stepcrafter!

• WolframSlides
  • WolframSlides's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
11 May 2015 22:58 - 11 May 2015 22:59 #20499 by WolframSlides
Hi all,

First things first- I ordered my Stepcraft 840 and various accessories (HF500 spindle, vinyl cutter, Donek drag knife) from Rory at SoneyCNC - and the level of pre- and post-sales support has been absolutely superb. Rory went above and beyond expectations to correct various issues with the machine (I'll post separately about these) and saw me through to a working setup.

I've been happily cutting 2mm Plastazote foam for packaging, using the Donek drag knife, with excellent results, but it was only today that I spun up the HF500 spindle to test cutting wood.

I cut some softwood for about half an hour - a little v-carving at 1mm depth, and some milling with a 2mm endmill, 2mm pass depth and tested at 800 / 1800 mm/min. I was impressed with the results, and the machine did not seem strained at any point - in fact, the wood cut like butter...

...but I've just checked the 840 over. There is play in all three axes, that was definitely not there before :(

I assumed it was the brass rollers worked in under load, and would need resetting to tension against the rails. But no - there's no torisonal play whatsoever. The play is directly along the spindles.

I checked the motor mounts and bearings, and then the spindles themselves, and there is no play - they're rock solid.

The play must be in the brass spindle nuts. And there seems to be a lot of it - I don't have a good way to measure it, but it's at least 0.1mm all round and more on the z. I can see, feel and hear it when I move the assemblies by hand - up til today the machine has been rock solid.

Is this really normal for these machines and something I have to live with, or have I / am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help or pointers.

Cheers,
David
Last edit: 11 May 2015 22:59 by WolframSlides.
The topic has been locked.
More
20 Aug 2015 23:18 #24448 by Adrian Mahovics
Replied by Adrian Mahovics on topic Play in all axes :( Frustrated new Stepcrafter!
Yes, Unfortunately same here.. :( I have just sent an email to Stepcraft and hope they will came back to me soon. I am also little discouraged as I was hoping that this machine will serve me longer without going into changing parts.. I only have it since 6-7 mounts.. Is the Stepcraft 2 has two of those lead screws, so might be last longer?

Thanks for any reply. Best regards.
More
31 Aug 2015 13:25 #24721 by PERANDIN
hi.
for my problems, i never got an answer.
i wrote them 4 times including tecnical draws with the problems and never got an answer
More
31 Aug 2015 13:59 #24724 by jvalencia
Replied by jvalencia on topic Play in all axes :( Frustrated new Stepcrafter!
Posting a video of the issue can help a lot.

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad
More
01 Sep 2015 10:41 - 01 Sep 2015 10:42 #24745 by Anke

PERANDIN wrote: hi.
for my problems, i never got an answer.
i wrote them 4 times including tecnical draws with the problems and never got an answer

Dear Perandin,

you stated repeatedly in this forum that you wrote e-mails and never received a reply. This is simply not correct. You wrote on the 01.05.2015, 06.05.2015, 05.06.2015 as well as on the 15.06.2015 and we replied on the 05.05.2015, 06.05.2015, 10.06.2015 and 25.06.2015. Because you addressed the STEPCRAFT employees by name, I can be sure that you received our e-mails and they did not land in your spam folder.
I also wrote you a private message offering my help which you chose not to answer. Therefore I kindly ask you to refrain from stating that we did not reply to your e-mails. For further request please contact us via our official e-mail address as usual. Thanks a lot.

Best regards
Anke
Last edit: 01 Sep 2015 10:42 by Anke.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThomasDbg
More
01 Sep 2015 11:38 - 01 Sep 2015 11:50 #24748 by PERANDIN
hi.this is the second time i got an answer after the one for the help.
the only answer that i got after i wrote that i have already bought another machine.
after i spent more than 2000 euros i aspect to get answers.
with the gmail there is no spam.
intersting is that when i was going to buy the machine , i got an answer the day after.
when i reclamed about the problems, no answer ...

i cheked:
05/05/2015 stepcraft answer: the price of the atc is near 500 euros
06/05/2015 stepcraft answer : so please take an order
10/06/2015 stepcraft anser : machine parameters----i think that when you sell a machine ,the parameters should be included and not that i have to find them somewhere...
26/06/2015 stepcraft . no answer---machine problems
09/07/2015 stepcraft . no answer
Last edit: 01 Sep 2015 11:50 by PERANDIN. Reason: stepcraft lyes about service answer
More
01 Sep 2015 12:20 #24749 by Anke
Dear Perandin,

we won`t be accused of lying when we have the data to prove that we are right. Therefore you will understand, that we are closing this thread now. If you have further questions please contact us via our official e-mail-address and we will gladly be of help to you.

Best regards
Anke
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thörnfeldt