• pegica
  • pegica's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
13 Jun 2015 22:42 #22214 by pegica
Stepcraft 2 840 assembly problems was created by pegica
Hello all,

i've already sent this mail to Stepcraft, but since it's saturday evening, i'm hoping maybe somebody can help during the weekend.

---
I've recently purchased a Stepcraft2 840 router, and I have quite a some problems during the assembly. Mostly with the sections numbered 1.10 and 2.2 in the assembly manual. The problem seems to be in part number 54, track roller holder.

The bottom of the part seems to be too big.
It is preventing the glossy end switch bracket (part no. 23) from working, and it's also pressing against z-axis linear so hard that x-z connector can't move at all.

I have few photos I can send you, only don't know how to send them.
---

luckily, i can attach photos here.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2015 09:15 - 14 Jun 2015 09:16 #22224 by Paradox
Replied by Paradox on topic Stepcraft 2 840 assembly problems
hi

i had yesterday the same Problem

www.stepcraft-systems.com/forum/aufbau/1968-x-z-verbinder-problem

now you had to form the head like Piece 55!

sorry my english is not the best :)

840er ESTL Kress
Last edit: 14 Jun 2015 09:16 by Paradox.

• pegica
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
14 Jun 2015 10:41 #22228 by pegica
Replied by pegica on topic Stepcraft 2 840 assembly problems
my plan is similar to that, i think i'll just grind the caps of two 54 pieces so they fit, just didn't want to do that late at night. :-)

anyway, i must say i'm rather dissapointed with the whole thing, it seems like nobody in Stepcraft ever bothered to actually follow their instructions, otherwise this wouldn't be possible.

and that's not all of the problems, some parts have wrong sizes in the manual (60 and 61 are 1 mm shorter than listed), the white wire on the part 85 is to short, to name a few.

i understand that there's always a possibility for slight missalignment when you're assembilng a kit yourself, but this looks like a design flaw, not actually a part quality issue.

• pegica
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
14 Jun 2015 17:04 #22246 by pegica
Replied by pegica on topic Stepcraft 2 840 assembly problems

Paradox wrote: hi

i had yesterday the same Problem

www.stepcraft-systems.com/forum/aufbau/1968-x-z-verbinder-problem

now you had to form the head like Piece 55!

sorry my english is not the best :)

After further search, it seems some people are getting heads from part 55 on the part 54:

www.stepcraft-systems.com/forum/aufbau/1695-zusammenbau-meiner-600-2?limitstart=0#19289

This makes me really angry, I'm now really curious to see their answer on my mail.

More
14 Jun 2015 17:31 #22248 by Nordin
Replied by Nordin on topic Stepcraft 2 840 assembly problems
Hi

I just build my S600 this weekend and I had no major problems apart from part 54 and 55.
But my problem is a bit different.

This is what my manual said I needed in the "content of construction" in the beginning of the manual.
4 x 54
4 x 55
(and that's what I had)

But this is what the manual actually asked for:

step 1:8 uses 2 x 54
step 1:10 uses 2 x 54
Step 3:2 uses 2 x 54
step 4:1 uses 2 x 55

I just replaced the two 54 in step 3:" with two 55 and that seems to have worked fine so far.
Carving while I'm writing this actually.

Call Rory on Monday,

More
10 Sep 2015 22:50 #24956 by marcustait79
Replied by marcustait79 on topic Stepcraft 2 840 assembly problems
I have also had a frustrating couple of days assembling and commissioning my Stepcraft 2 840. I'm not sure exactly how much might be saved by purchasing your machine directly from Stepcraft but I cannot speak highly enough of Rory at Stoney CNC. He has been invaluable both via the phone and email and stayed with me to ensure I got my machine up and running and overcame any hurdles.