• peterg1000
  • peterg1000's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
30 Jul 2015 13:25 #23930 by peterg1000
Annoying wiring problem was created by peterg1000
Hi all,

Today I sent this email to Stepcraft to alert them to a wiring problem.

"Sirs,
I have a SC420-2 kit purchased recently from StoneyCNC in the UK. I have just begun wiring after a trial mechanics-only build, to allow me to identify and rectify any mechanical issues without the hindrance of wiring (I would recommend this before final assembly as in build manual).

The limit micro-switches all have Series 125 quick connect terminals, whereas the wiring looms are incorrectly fitted with Series 110 receptacles.

There is insufficient spare length on any of the X-Z axis cables to allow the original terminations to be removed and the correct size fitted or to solder to the switch terminals!! It was therefore necessary to file down the switch connectors to allow connection of the cables supplied.

In any case I would recommend that the lengths of the brown wire be increased by 1cm and the white wire by 2cm. The white wire is too short to follow the path recommended in the build manual without remaking the sheath termination."

If anyone else has this problem, then a fine flat needle file is best to carefully narroe the outermost micro-switch terminals to allow the loomconnectors to fit.

Peter

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jul 2015 22:55 #23939 by jvalencia
Replied by jvalencia on topic Annoying wiring problem
Hi, I'm with you in this matter, the wires are just cut at the minimum length, with no possibility of error.

Wires are cheap, they should give them an extra 10cm on each one.

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad

More
15 Aug 2015 14:46 #24320 by andrewvarano
Replied by andrewvarano on topic Annoying wiring problem
I had the same problem and had to solder the wires to the terminals. The wires were only just long enough in my case though, which made soldering possible, although a few extra centimetres of cable would have made this easier! The E-stop wire however was too short to reach the circuit board and needed to be lengthened.