• Mel_Nichols
  • Mel_Nichols's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
16 Dec 2015 22:11 #28247 by Mel_Nichols
Installation Issues - Not able to Jog was created by Mel_Nichols
Hi All,
Wonder if you can help a newbie. Have assembled the 840 as per the instructions, greased etc, etc.
I get all the correct lights on the USB connector and the Control Board, Software all installed and licence installed.
My issue is when I load the software and try to manually use the "Jog" function to move the head, nothing happens. It seems the motors only move when I press the AXIS (X,Y or Z -) buttons on the software, Nothing on the + button icons.
Just to be clear, the head does not move around the base,in a smooth motion (as per the videos I have seen) i can just see the grub screws on on the screw thread move very slightly now and then, very slightly, every time I press the button.
I have changed the values (.001, 0.10, 1.00 etc) but with no luck.
Finally, all the wiring has been checked and looks OK.
Any idea??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Dec 2015 22:59 - 16 Dec 2015 22:59 #28250 by jonalm
Replied by jonalm on topic Installation Issues - Not able to Jog
Are you using uccnc. make sure its set to continuous and not set to step, on the keyboard keypad make sure numlock is off.
Last edit: 16 Dec 2015 22:59 by jonalm.

• Mel_Nichols
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
17 Dec 2015 09:27 #28257 by Mel_Nichols
Replied by Mel_Nichols on topic Installation Issues - Not able to Jog
Thanks for the reply Jonalm,
I have tried both the Continuous and Step By Step but to no avail.
Have not checked the NumLock, will check that today but I am using the mouse to click the buttons

More
17 Dec 2015 11:13 - 17 Dec 2015 11:14 #28265 by jonalm
Replied by jonalm on topic Installation Issues - Not able to Jog
I think there is a bug with uccnc when you change the jog feed percentage. If you click it fast it stops the motors from continually moving or they just move in tiny increments. It does this with my laptop, it you change the jog feed one click at a time slowly its fine. Rebooting the software is what i have to do if it does that.

I would also make sure the motion controller in the parallel port is fully seated.
Last edit: 17 Dec 2015 11:14 by jonalm.

• Mel_Nichols
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
17 Dec 2015 19:40 #28280 by Mel_Nichols
Replied by Mel_Nichols on topic Installation Issues - Not able to Jog
Thanks very much.
It seems you were correct about the mouse clicks. I rebooted the PC (rebooted the CNC a few times already), when I used the keyboard and select the continuous all works as (I think) it should.
Now on to the fun stuff :)