question-circle Question Use an exhaust solution in combination with the au

• pablo0515
  • pablo0515's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
29 Sep 2016 00:15 - 29 Sep 2016 00:16 #37833 by pablo0515
I'm a cnc/stepcraft newbie looking at stepcraft products and remain with some questions, I hope some more experienced user can give me some feedback:

I'm looking at the 2/600 or 2/840 using the HF Spindle and the automatic tool changer.

- To avoid dust all over the place, could I add and use the exhaust adapter in combination with the automatic tool changer?
- To get a polished effect on the sides of acrylic/plexiglass milling, I saw a datron.de video (link: www.datron.com/tools/acrylic-tools.php ), making a beautifull part with really smooth edges. The story tells, that they accomplished this using their specific endmills. Can those tools also be used on the StepCraft, and would it also be possible to get comparable result using StepCraft?
- Could the threading in acrylic also be made (as in the video link above) using stepcraft?

Thanks very much in advance ...

ps I'm not certain in which forum category this post fits ... I hope it's fine here.
Last edit: 29 Sep 2016 00:16 by pablo0515.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2016 13:16 - 29 Sep 2016 13:19 #37841 by Rahul

pablo0515 wrote: I'm a cnc/stepcraft newbie looking at stepcraft products and remain with some questions, I hope some more experienced user can give me some feedback:

I'm looking at the 2/600 or 2/840 using the HF Spindle and the automatic tool changer.

- To avoid dust all over the place, could I add and use the exhaust adapter in combination with the automatic tool changer?

This is my tool changer in action:

Probably there is noch space in the changer's direction for the dust brushes.
I think about building an automatic brush lifter to get the changing space clear.

pablo0515 wrote: - To get a polished effect on the sides of acrylic/plexiglass milling, I saw a datron.de video (link: www.datron.com/tools/acrylic-tools.php ), making a beautifull part with really smooth edges. The story tells, that they accomplished this using their specific endmills. Can those tools also be used on the StepCraft, and would it also be possible to get comparable result using StepCraft?

Stepcraft's tool holders accept shaft diameters of 1/4", 1/8" or 2/16". If the milling tools used by datron provide one of theses diameters the can be uses with the stepcraft.

pablo0515 wrote: - Could the threading in acrylic also be made (as in the video link above) using stepcraft?

In case the stepcraft is able to turn and move the milling tool in equivalent matter it should be possible.
I didn't look at the datron dokuments.

pablo0515 wrote:
Thanks very much in advance ...

ps I'm not certain in which forum category this post fits ... I hope it's fine here.

Fräse: SC 2/840 USB, Proxxon IBS/E STEPCRAFT HF-500, Werkzeugwechsler + WZLS + T-Nutentisch
3D-Drucker: MendelMax 1.5
CAD: Designspark Mechanical, Eagle
CAM: Estlcam V9, DeskProto
Last edit: 29 Sep 2016 13:19 by Rahul. Reason: ein Tag nicht gesetzt

• pablo0515
  • pablo0515's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
29 Sep 2016 16:18 - 29 Sep 2016 16:26 #37843 by pablo0515
Thanks for the video, looks good. Indeed, it seems impossible to have the exhaust adapter fitted while using the tool changer.
But how do you keep the dust away if you're milling for example acryllic?

To get this glass result, would it suffice to simply select proper endmill, or would it also require 'water' to be sprayed on the workpiece ... like in the video?
Last edit: 29 Sep 2016 16:26 by pablo0515.