file Question Grub screws keep coming out of z and x axis

• kvrondi
  • kvrondi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
25 Jun 2017 17:12 - 25 Jun 2017 17:13 #48291 by kvrondi
Hi!
I've been experiencing problems with my cnc stepcraft 600 on particular with the grub screws on the z and x axis. As much as I tighten them and make sure they have seated in the hole they pop out while I'm machining a piece. Which means I have to cycle stop and tighten the screws back to place and set the cycle to start again until it completes the cycle. I've even tried disassembling all parts on both axis then reassembling, cleaning and tightening all parts but it continues giving me the same problem with the grub screws. Anyone experienced the same issue and if so have managed to solve it?
Last edit: 25 Jun 2017 17:13 by kvrondi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jun 2017 05:50 #48331 by Doug

Stepcraft 2/840, StoneyCNC industrial HF spindle, 4th axis, TurboCAD 2016 Professional 64 bit, MeshCAM, GWizard feeds & speeds calculator, UCCNC
Hobby use: guitar building (luthiery), dsgb.net

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.