question-circle Question UCCNC/parallel module hardware installation

• hassage
  • hassage's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
05 Feb 2018 14:50 #52507 by hassage
Hallo,

I just go the UCCNC control software package.

Cant find any documentation on the changing the usb module to the parallel module on the main board. Even the manual for the uc100 doesnt give instructions on the hardware part, just the drivers.

Could someone direct me on how i should go about doing this? It seems straight forward enough like plugging one out and then just plugging the other back in. But i dont want to go around without any knowledge how it should be properly done.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks
Hassa

(stepcarft 840, hf spindle, vcarve pro, winpc-nc)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2018 18:22 #52512 by peterg1000
Replied by peterg1000 on topic UCCNC/parallel module hardware installation
Hi Hassa,

The process is exactly as you suggest - just unplug the USB board and replace it with the parallel interface board. Obviously the power should be OFF!!

Plug in your UC100 module and the USB link to the PC running UCCNC. With power applied to the PC, the green light will indicate power to the UC100 via the USB cable. Both lights on the UC100 should be on once the UCCNC is running with the proper driver in place (and the license file recognised).

Peter

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

• hassage
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
19 Feb 2018 17:57 #52850 by hassage
Replied by hassage on topic UCCNC/parallel module hardware installation
Hey peter,

thanks for the confirmation of the installation.
Ive managed to swap over the card and installed the software without much trouble! (very happy cause that doesnt often happen)

I have also got the tool length sensor and have done the installation and software setup as shown on the website.
There seems to be no connection with the switch and the machine.

when i check the diagnostics tab to see if the green light shows up,nothing happens.

really have no idea why its not working. Any ideas?

thanks
hassa

More
19 Feb 2018 20:23 #52857 by DerRoy
Replied by DerRoy on topic UCCNC/parallel module hardware installation
I believe on the latest set-up of the sets, there is a jumper on the main board which needs to be removed in order yo get the sensor working.

MfG
Roy

SC 600/2; SolidWorks; UCCnC und UC100; EstlCam und Arduino Steuerung; KRESS 800kfme;
The following user(s) said Thank You: hassage

• hassage
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
28 Feb 2018 07:13 #53026 by hassage
hi guys,

got the probe working. but not completely. now the software doesn't calculate the proper zero after probing.

it just goes back to my first zero point after doing the zero point probe.

really am new to this so no clue as to whats causing it or even how to run it properly.

- Have changed the macro file.
- Have tried the active low preference on the I/O setup

Followed the steps according to the instruction on the stepcraft website to the point and no luck.

any help would be great and ive only got 3 more days to fix it up.

thanks
hassa

More
28 Feb 2018 18:13 #53035 by peterg1000
Replied by peterg1000 on topic UCCNC/parallel module hardware installation
Hi,

I assume you are not using an automatic tool changer, but will be changing tools manually and then placing the tool length sensor on the workpiece before starting the probe macro from the run screen of UCCNC. You will of course have to manually position the tool above the sensor using XY jogging befoer starting the probing sequence. I suspect the M31 macro you are using is for the tool changer option, not for the manual alternative.

When the macro lowers the Z-axis, it normally expects the sensor to open circuit when touched by the tool. At this point the Z position is preset to the actual height of the sensor above the work surface. You will have had to enter this value into the macro prior to probing as the parameter "double newZ" in the first few lines of my macro shown below.

//M31 probing macro
double Zmin = -100; // Max.Z depth
double FeedrateFast = 300; // Fast feedrate for probing
double FeedrateSlow = 20; // Slow feedrate for probing
double SafeZ = 100;
double retractheight = 10; // Retract height
double retractforsecondmeasurement = .5;
double newZ = 32.60; // The new Z DRO value after probing and calibration (NOTE - THIS IS THE HEIGHT OF MY SENSOR, NOT YOURS ! ! ! ! !)

Initially this value should be set to a value a couple of mm or so less than the measured height of the sensor. After probing and executing a "Go to zero" the tool should be just above the workpiece surface at this point. Jog Z axis SLOWLY down until the tool touches the workpiece and note the Z ais DRO reading. Add this to the initial value you entered as "newZ" and the setup should be complete.

Good luck

Peter

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

• hassage
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
05 Mar 2018 10:48 #53116 by hassage
Hey Peter,

Thanks so much for the info.
It works now.

Im so glad this forum is around and for the help people offer.

Much appreciated.

Thanks
Hassa