exclamation-circle Question Machine issues

• Slobex89
  • Slobex89's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
26 Nov 2020 10:56 #59918 by Slobex89
Machine issues was created by Slobex89
Hello everyone, i installed the performance kit,it works better now, but it doesn't stop when it loses the step, also sometimes but not always when homing it continues to go even when it hits the limit switches? I want to put the old y axis motor that has 1. 8A to X axis, would it help for not losing the steps so often on the x axis?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MagIO2
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Zu viele Ideen und zu wenig Zeit
More
28 Nov 2020 21:26 #59939 by MagIO2
Replied by MagIO2 on topic Machine issues
You can put a motor with a higher rating to the X axis, but it won't help. The current delivered by the motor driver won't change. You'd have to let the driver know that it can deliver more current. I am not aware how the SC boards are designed today ( I have a V1 ), so in the old days a resistor would have to be exchanged. On 3D printers the drivers usually have a potentiometer to adjust the current or newer drivers allow configuration via serial interface.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas

More
28 Nov 2020 22:05 #59941 by MikeRD03
Replied by MikeRD03 on topic Machine issues
If your X-axis is loosing steps you should hunt down the problem with an axis moving on high resistance or slow down milling. It's that simple. ;-)
Changing the motor is good for nothing as Andreas already pointed out..

SC M.500 | 2,2kW Spindel G-Penny | Mach4 über Ethernet Smoothstepper