file Question How I mount my dust extractor on the Z axis

• heustec
  • heustec's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
18 Oct 2014 18:34 - 18 Oct 2014 18:42 #9293 by heustec
Hi all,

I wanted to quickly show how I've been mounting my dust extraction adapter bought from Stoney-CNC on my Z-axis.

I found that using the method suggested the adapter would bash into the sidewalls or mount brackets thus causing restrictions on actual cutting size. So I detached the two pieces of the adapter to twist it 90 desgrees meaning the hose came out to the side rather than straight up. I then put a tool in the z-axis to centre the apadter to the hole and used a glue gun to stick and seal in place.

Works great, sticks well, I re-glue it every hour or so just to ensure its not going to come off mid cut as this would be a big issue! But being hot glue, it comes off quickly and cleanly, its not exactly pretty, but that doesn't bother me.

Kind Regards
Alex

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 18 Oct 2014 18:42 by heustec.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. B

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.