file Question maintenance section

• heustec
  • heustec's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
07 Sep 2014 12:46 #7949 by heustec
maintenance section was created by heustec
Please can we have a maintenance section to post what we do and how often and also any issues we've had.

I had an issue where upon referencing the CNC would get stuck before the end of the y-axis, the solution was to loosen the tension screws. somewhere where this can be posted would be great.

Kind Regards,
Heustec

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Sep 2014 14:50 #7952 by Rory
Replied by Rory on topic maintenance section
Heustec, good point - we will re-name the >>Machine >>Assembly to "Assembly and maintenance"
You can post in Assembly. This will be a good place to document the niggles with the build.

If you post the specifics of your niggle here we can begin a discussion about it. Its common that you must tune the machine once built to get maximal efficiency from the drive system.

More
28 Nov 2014 18:04 #11260 by tugwilson
Replied by tugwilson on topic maintenance section

Rory wrote: Heustec, good point - we will re-name the >>Machine >>Assembly to "Assembly and maintenance"
You can post in Assembly. This will be a good place to document the niggles with the build.

If you post the specifics of your niggle here we can begin a discussion about it. Its common that you must tune the machine once built to get maximal efficiency from the drive system.

The only suggestion I have is to do with the grub screws securing the step motors to the screw shafts, after assembly and testing my first job was spoiled because the x traverse fell out due to the vibration while cutting, I suggest that it be advised that these four grubs should be supper glued in, these can be removed if need be later but will not fall out on their own as mine did. and yes they were set very tight to begin with.
regards Tug

More
28 Nov 2014 19:11 #11266 by Rory
typically - loctite is better as it can be reversed with heat. Super glue is not as easy to re-work with.
The worst case scenario is when one can't remove / add the grub screw as its super glue'd in place.

If you bury the grub screw with glue and it then subsequently works loose - you can then have a buried grub screw that can't come out - thats also not seated on the internal mounting surface.

Best to give a good pinch with allen key (square sided - not ball sided). Be careful not to damage the internal hex head of the grub screws.

More
28 Nov 2014 19:41 #11269 by tugwilson
Replied by tugwilson on topic maintenance section
point well taken Rory, I did not have loctite so use the next best thing, have found that super glue will hold metal to metal but is not the best option, I apologise for my comment (TO EVERYONE) use loctite....lol

Tug
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rory

More
28 Nov 2014 19:43 #11270 by Rory
Likely to work really well.... :) until you want to take her apart to service / rebuild!