file Question New 2/300 owner

• Steveflynn
  • Steveflynn's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
09 Apr 2016 20:13 #32986 by Steveflynn
New 2/300 owner was created by Steveflynn
Hi, I recently purchased a kit. As yet have not put the machine together. Currently working building a workbench to house the machine and all my other gear. I'm looking forward to getting it all up and running soon, and currently doing a bunch of research and study. I'm an Australian living in rural Sumatra, Indonesia for past few years..early retirement. Just buying the machine was an ordeal in itself as I had to traveling enroute from Australia-Indo via Singapore specifically to purchase and carry the kit along with bunch of other gear in taxi's, ferrys, flights and a couple of border crossings..what a day!!. International postage is notoriously bad here in Indonesia. Can safely say I'm the only owner of a stepcraft cnc in these parts :) Long time electronics hobbiest, so I have bought the machine to help prototype several ideas that I have been chipping away at. I got some quotes from various product design companies and decided instead of paying someone else to prototype, that I would make an investment in myself and learn new skills. At least I figure after going through the process of attempting to prototype I will have much better idea of the time and whats truly being done.
Planning on designing in Fusion 360 and running jobs through uccnc. I will initially be starting out just with small 2d timber pieces with dremel 3000. And already thinking about a upgrading the spindle for some aluminium..getting ahead of myself
I will have plenty of questions, so look forward to your help... and hoping I can eventually help others in return, on the forum.
cheers
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MagIO2
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Zu viele Ideen und zu wenig Zeit
More
09 Apr 2016 20:24 #32987 by MagIO2
Replied by MagIO2 on topic New 2/300 owner
If you upload some nice pictures from the place where you live, you have good chances of life learning lessons from us .. we'll just come over with a sixpack :lol:

I wish you a lot of fun with your SC.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steveflynn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.