• ColoradoSprings
  • ColoradoSprings's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
24 Dec 2018 02:42 #55490 by ColoradoSprings
Hello all was created by ColoradoSprings
Hello all,

I am new to the forum but have had my 840 for a couple of years, made several things and love it. But as sometimes happens, I got too busy living life to "play" so for just about the last year, my beautiful machine has been safely stored away waiting for me to get sometime to enjoy it again. So, I now find myself with sometime and I am looking forward to getting back into it. So, I pulled my beautiful 840 out of storage, cleaned it up, greased it and am looking forward to new projects.

Unfortunately, I am having issues getting it running. I am using UCCNC (software version 1.2049, Firware version: 3.0110, Hardware version 2, API version 2.132 ) and theUC100 hooked up via USB to my laptop running Windows 10. I have two green LEDs on the Stepcraft and 1 green and 1 blue LED on the UC100. Everything seems great, but when I try to Jog any stepper motor in any direction I get nothing. It doesn't even sound like it is trying. Although oddly I hear a faint sound that sounds like a fan running when I apply power to the machine and deactivate the "Emergency Stop Switch". If I push the Emergency Stop Switch, the sound goes away. Clearly there are no fans, so it appears to be the Stepper motors, but I don't know why they are making any noise.

Anyway, sorry to say hello and then complain but I am kind of stuck and hoping for some assistance. So, has anyone else been through this or have any suggestions for me?

Thanks,
Mitch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.