Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
Stepcraft 600 wande...

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

Stepcraft 600 wanders off while miling

9 Beiträge
7 Benutzer
0 Likes
4,392 Ansichten
(@jan-sig)
Themenstarter

Hey guys

I write to you because I really don't thrust my 600 at all and will never leave it unattended.

I have seen more than once that it just wanders off while working(milling off path) and when I try to restart it and begin all over again it just does the same but not necessarily at the same spot. I have begun only to mill in a depth of 1mm, because I noticed that cutting to deep will stress the motors.

I using VcarvePro and WinPC-NC USB and a Kress1050, could anyone pls point me in the right direction, because this is getting really annoying and waste og good materials like mahony, IPE and Teaktree.

Thanks up front, best regard Jan Sig

Veröffentlicht : 14/10/2015 2:46 pm
ZenziWerken
(@speedo)
Noble Member

There have been cases were an electrical grounding did solve these problems. Sorry for the German articel but maybe you can see what I mean by watching the images:

https://www.stepcraft-systems.com/forum/betrieb/1447-usb-konflikt2?start=60#16350

https://www.stepcraft-systems.com/forum/betrieb/1447-usb-konflikt2?start=80#17756

Daniel
-----
zenziwerken.de « dxf-downloads von kreativen Projekten
cnc-wiki.de « lesen ... lernen ... fräsen

Veröffentlicht : 14/10/2015 4:59 pm
Thomas Pehmöller
(@turtleman)
Estimable Member

Sounds a little bit like electronic problems like electrostatic. Please ground all metal parts of your machine, means all moving parts (y,z - axis), working space and of course the housing of your electronic. Also possible are step loss. Does it happen only in one direction or are all directions are influenced?
Try milling in the air and compare start and stop point. Try to slow down the speed also.

Veröffentlicht : 14/10/2015 5:03 pm
(@chillimonster)

I had an issue where the 'umbilical' wiring to the steppers on the gantry would get caught around the end of the machine and cause the Y / X axis to stall meaning many pieces were ruined..

I overcame this with a bungie cord keeping the umbilical out of the way.

Veröffentlicht : 14/10/2015 5:45 pm
(@jan-sig)
Themenstarter

Hey Speedo, Turtleman and Chillimonster many thanks for your comments, I just started grounding all axies and really hope it does the trick 🙂 .

What feed and plunge speed do you guys normaly use for eks. Polycarbonate or hardwood?

Best regards Jan Sig

Veröffentlicht : 14/10/2015 10:15 pm
(@jan-sig)
Themenstarter

After making a complete grounding it still wandered of at my first job this morning :angry:
I remembered the % of job complete wish were at 24% and then I went back to refencepoint and began the job from 22% and with no problems arghhh.

Anyone tryed this?

Turtleman, i'll try setting down the feed speed.

Best regards Jan Sig

Veröffentlicht : 15/10/2015 10:24 pm
Javier Valencia Rodriguez
(@jvalencia)
Estimable Member

Jan, could you post a video of the issue? Let us see what's going on.

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad

Veröffentlicht : 16/10/2015 12:02 am
(@tikka)
Estimable Member

Would like to see some information about cutting data (mill bit diameter, rpm, feed etc). have you tried cutting with a slower feed?

Stepcraft 600SF (version 1) parallel port
Proxxon IBS/E
Mach3
devCad Cam Pro; devWing Cam; devFus Cam; Profili Pro 2

Veröffentlicht : 18/10/2015 12:38 pm
(@rory)
Reputable Member

Check machine is not loosing steps... Tune all axes

See here

Veröffentlicht : 20/10/2015 12:17 pm
Teilen: