file Question Z axis height

• Edinnit
  • Edinnit's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
06 Nov 2016 09:41 #39110 by Edinnit
Z axis height was created by Edinnit
Having some issues with the Z axis height.

Using abit of 3mm MDF directly on the white hard board. I zero the Z axis on the LHS of the board just touching the MDF, about 1/4 of the way across (x) the m/c I start scraping the MDF getting deeper and deeper.

I've not measured this difference.

Is it worth looking into, or should I just use a 18mm cutter to level a piece of 9mm MDF and use that as a base spoil board?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Nov 2016 11:41 #39128 by CNCMiller
Replied by CNCMiller on topic Z axis height
Hello Edinnit,

It seems that your X-movement is not quite level to your machine bed and I think your Y-movement will have the same problem on the upright section. Try to level that out first, it will take a while but it is worth the effort.

Yes of course you can level your spoilboard it is even advisable to do so to be sure you have a flat machine bed.

I do that myself with 12mm MDF, so you can secure your workpiece on the spoilboard and still know your working flat.

good luck

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021

• Edinnit
  • Edinnit's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
07 Nov 2016 20:45 #39188 by Edinnit
Replied by Edinnit on topic Z axis height
Thanks!
Its only 0.1mm difference over the width, so I don't think I can make it any better without milling the spoil board flat.

Thanks for the confirmation.