file Question Holes and circles are leaning left, making more of an oval

• ryze
  • ryze's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
03 May 2018 04:09 - 03 May 2018 04:09 #53653 by ryze
I've had my 420 for over a year now and have always had this problem, but I've never really needed anything to be very accurate, so I just ignored it. The accuracy of my machine has never been very good. I've tried loosening the hardware and re-tightening. Tried cleaning and greasing all lead screws and tracks. Nothing seems to correct the issue.

All holes on my machine are consistently leaning to the left making an oval shape instead of a circle. I cut a few circles and a square to try and measure the amount of offset that's happening (see picture). It's not blatantly obvious in this G10 material, but in the carbon that I usually cut, it's consistent ovals for all holes.

Can anyone help me solve this?

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 03 May 2018 04:09 by ryze.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jul 2018 13:22 #54248 by Patrick76
I bought a brand new stepcraft 420 last week and facing the same issue.
did the all axis alignment based on the stpecraft video several times but still same issue.
I feel the quality is not as good as what we see in the youtube reviews.
planning to sell soon

More
21 Aug 2018 16:34 #54455 by XLT
Hello, I’m a french user. I bought a brand new Stepcraft 2/420 and I have the same issue. I have to say that my Stepcraft is very well tuned (all axis are perfect alligned, have no backlash and run very smoothly, belt is correctly fitted etc.). I tried several times, in soft materials (balsa, soft PVC, Depron...no way. I think in hardest material it should be worst : if a draw circles, it will make squares ?
Help needed please : is there special parameters in order to have « perfect circles » ?
Thousand thanks in advance
Regards
Xavier

More
22 Aug 2018 08:17 #54468 by XLT
Hi guys, I fixed this issue.
If your controller has a buffer feature, check it and activate it. My Stepcraft works with an AxeMotion Pulsebox NXTG usb controller which is plugged with the Stepcarft main board on parallel port. The pulse box has a 400 vectors buffer memory: I activated it, and now it’s day and night : I can mill perfect circles and curves : The machine works now smoother and the accuracy has been incredibily increased. PIN IT !
Regards,
Xavier