heart Question Does anyone share their files- NOOB here

• paulypicasso
  • paulypicasso's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
25 Oct 2016 01:50 #38589 by paulypicasso
Does anyone share their files- NOOB here was created by paulypicasso
Is there anywhere to share files for projects- tool paths, ideas and designs? I am pretty new and it seems there is a steep learning curve to get into this, a little intimidated by the complexity and don't want to damage my NEW StepCraft2-840. Nervous.... TIPS? SUGGESTIONS?

I can design things great in AI (Adobe Illustrator), just not sure where to start with tool paths, bit to use etc...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• speedo
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • 420v1 / Sorotec Vakuumtisch / EstlCAM+CNC
More
25 Oct 2016 08:38 #38593 by speedo
Replied by speedo on topic Does anyone share their files- NOOB here
Take a look at my page ZenziWerken . You'll find around 50 project (including dxf-download and short instructions) ranging from easy, quick builds to more advanced and demanding designs. Most pages are translated to English (don't hesitate to correct my weak language skills).

You can visit cnc-wiki as well. This page is available in German only, though.

Daniel
zenziwerken.de « dxf-downloads von kreativen Projekten
cnc-wiki.de « lesen ... lernen ... fräsen
The following user(s) said Thank You: MMorao, MandalaStar

More
25 Oct 2016 08:48 - 25 Oct 2016 08:49 #38594 by Doug
Replied by Doug on topic Does anyone share their files- NOOB here
Hi Paul.

I don't know about sharing toolpaths and designs; we probably all want to make different things!

I am also a new owner of a 2/840 machine and also a bit apprehensive.

My tips are to start with MeshCAM software which is very easy to use but still requires some time to master.

www.grzsoftware.com

There is a forum offering support which, like this one, doesn't require registration to read posts:

www.grzforum.com/index.php

You need to understand feeds and speeds and something about tools. For this I recommend the excellent CNC Cookbook site by Bob Warfield:

www.cnccookbook.com

which is "the Internet's most popular CNC blog and information resource."

They have a superb software program called the GWizard feeds and speeds calculator:

www.cnccookbook.com/FeedSpeedsCalculator/CCGWizard.html

I strongly urge you to read as much as you can before attempting a cut and do not blunder in uninformed. This leads to many broken bits and ruined stocks.

Regards.

Doug

Stepcraft 2/840, StoneyCNC industrial HF spindle, 4th axis, TurboCAD 2016 Professional 64 bit, MeshCAM, GWizard feeds & speeds calculator, UCCNC
Hobby use: guitar building (luthiery), dsgb.net
Last edit: 25 Oct 2016 08:49 by Doug.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MMorao, MandalaStar

More
02 Jan 2017 20:20 - 02 Jan 2017 20:23 #41763 by MMorao
Replied by MMorao on topic Does anyone share their files- NOOB here
My thanks to you two, Speedo and Doug :) Zenziwerken is full of good ideas, and cnccookbook is a bomb :woohoo:

Pauly, if you're still reading this, the Net is crawling with great designs, look up Thingiverse and Grabcad for a start.

Clockwork Orange is a S600 with 4th axis, Kress 1050. Software is UCCNC, DeskProto, Rhino, DraftSight. Also a Silhouette Cameo for vinyl, plastic card, etc.
Last edit: 02 Jan 2017 20:23 by MMorao.
The following user(s) said Thank You: speedo, MandalaStar