file Question So how do I start?...

• rkornicki
  • rkornicki's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
20 Jul 2015 15:00 - 20 Jul 2015 15:04 #23614 by rkornicki
So how do I start?... was created by rkornicki
I bought the Stepcraft machine with Full Software version.
I received the machine and a CD. The cd contains the Win PC NC and Filou-NC12.
The envelope contains information about Module and S/N. What is this for? It does not work with Filou-NC12 software - what is it for? I cannot find any information about this anywhere.
I mean I know I must use CAD software to create the geometry and then post process it with some software to generate tool paths (Filou-NC12?), and then use another software to process the file and make part (Win PC-NC?).

I'm interested in the 3D milling. Yet I'm not sure what is included with the Full Software version - can You help?
Last edit: 20 Jul 2015 15:04 by rkornicki.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• High-Tower
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Ein Tag ohne ein Lächeln ist ein verlorener Tag.
More
20 Jul 2015 16:08 - 20 Jul 2015 16:08 #23616 by High-Tower
Replied by High-Tower on topic So how do I start?...
Hello rkornicki

many questions, my englisch is not good enough to answer you to all,

but look here for
more information to get startet.

and look here too

best regards Guido

SC 420 mit UC 100 und T-Nuten Maschinentisch, Vakuumtisch VT-3045 fest auf HPL-Platte montiert,
Heißschneidebogen Eigenbau, Portalerhöhungen, Proxxon mit James Spindelkopf,
Estlcam V7xxx, V8xxx,V9xxx und V10xxx, Mach3, Turbo CAD V18,Inkscape V0.91, Fusion 360
und bis zum Winter eine Eigenbau...
Last edit: 20 Jul 2015 16:08 by High-Tower.

• MagIO2
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Zu viele Ideen und zu wenig Zeit
More
20 Jul 2015 19:05 #23617 by MagIO2
Replied by MagIO2 on topic So how do I start?...
As far as I know filou is only a so called 2.5D CAM. This means that you can't create workpieces having a free-form-surface. Or something like a slope in Z-axis is not possible. Esentially you can do free form on X and Y, but you can only work in planes on Z.

But you should really start from the beginning. Even 2.5D pieces can be tricky and you will learn a lot.
I hope you informed yourself about what is possible with such a machine, because it is not like 3D printing. There are limitations in what you can achieve with a router.

Maybe you can show/tell us what you planned to do?

For constructing 2.5D you can use a 2D CAD program like Libre CAD, QCAD (and many others) or a 3D software and create a sectional drawing which can be exported as DXF.
After construction in CAD you can prepare the result with filou which is needed to create the toolpath (which is stored as so called g-code). And the g-code fan then be used by WinPC to control the steppi.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas

More
20 Jul 2015 22:41 #23620 by drilldevil
Replied by drilldevil on topic So how do I start?...
perhaps this diagram helps you:

Andreas

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.