• Dala
  • Dala's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
09 Dec 2015 19:09 - 09 Dec 2015 19:16 #28007 by Dala
Sorry - I can't upload the file as it is unrecognoized type... admin ? its .cps

Hello guys,

I have attached a Free Post Processor that is setup for a stepcraft2 machine using UCCNC, with 4th axis installed in line with the Y axis.

To change which axis your 4th axis is installed - when you click on Post Process in fusion 360, select this attached file as the post processor, and Open Config. Go to line 128 which is the setup for the 4th axis

var aAxis = createAxis({coordinate:0, table:true, axis:[0, 1, 0], cyclic:true, preference:1});

Where it says axis 0,1,0 it means { x/y/z } , and currently y is set to 1 which means the A axis, is alligned with the Y axis, If your is aligned with the X axis, change it to [1,0,0] If the chuck rotates the wrong way, put a Negative sign infront of the 1 like this [0,-1,0] and the direction of the rotation will change to match the machine.

To use the 4th axis in fusion is very simple now that this file is setup correctly.
Create your model / tube structure in the model workspace
Click cam workspace, new operation, setup the x/y/z to match the machine layout so x is in the right direction, and for me, Y is pointing along the inside of the stock, z should be pointing Up, and z=0 is the center of the stock.

Create toolpath to the top face, when finished, right click create derived toolpath, click tool orientation and re-oriente the tool to another face ( 90 degrees off or whatever you need ) by selecting the x/z faces. making sure Y is still pointing into the stock.

Highlight both operations, and click Pot process - select the attached processor, and fusion will automatically do the first cut, send the tool to retract height, rotate the mandrel, and make next cut. I think it may even support tool changes but Im not running that setup because it reduces my enlarged Z clearance height.

Enjoy !
Last edit: 09 Dec 2015 19:16 by Dala.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rory, SJLCNC123

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Oct 2018 08:20 #54906 by joshuarbailey87
Replied by joshuarbailey87 on topic Fusion 360 Stepcraft post, with 4th axis setup
Hey has anyone got any updates on this? I seem to be having trouble with the Z axis movements being out of synch with the A axis, as I actually want it to move to a point, cut into the object and then stay still whilst the A-Axis rotates 360 degrees, then repeat that several times basically like lathe turning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.