file Frage 'HOME ALL' problem with Y axis

Mehr
08 Apr 2016 09:16 #32930 von Annie
'HOME ALL' problem with Y axis wurde erstellt von Annie
My machine is SC 2-420 and when I pressed 'home all' button, it doesn't transfer to Y axis with big noise. I'll attach the link below(you can see it from 9 seconds) to show how it works.

I don't know why this happens and all the axes move well by Jog button on the software provided.

Anyone can help me? or had same problem?

Thanks

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
08 Apr 2016 10:35 #32933 von DocBrown
DocBrown antwortete auf 'HOME ALL' problem with Y axis
What software is in use? Do you have set the correct parameters / setup / profile for SC 2-420 in your SW?
Are your end-switches working and did they switch before the mechanic touch the mechanical limits? Did you SW send any feedback about the limit-switches?
For me it looks like that the X-axis limit switch will not be switched...

Viele Grüße

Hartmut
V2/420 China 800W wassergekühlt
UCCNC & ARDUINO ESTLCAM Controller
ESTLCAM & QCAD
DK5LH/G11
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Annie

Mehr
08 Apr 2016 13:25 #32941 von jonalm
jonalm antwortete auf 'HOME ALL' problem with Y axis
Jog the x axis and press the limit switch with your finger. If it doesn't stop the x axis could be a bad limit switch or broken loose wiring or mechanically not working.

Mehr
11 Apr 2016 08:01 - 11 Apr 2016 08:02 #33036 von Annie
Annie antwortete auf 'HOME ALL' problem with Y axis
DocBrown Thank you for your response. I installed UCCNC with the correct parameter for Stepcraft2-420. I think you're right that it's prom with the end switch of X. I'll have to reassemble my machine but I'm worried a little bit if I can make it worse.

Anyway, I can see the message from the software like 'A machine axis position software limit was reached. The axis was now stopped' when I jogged X axis to minus direction 10 cm before it reached to the end part of gantry. Is this message also connected to the problem of end switch?
Letzte Änderung: 11 Apr 2016 08:02 von Annie.

Mehr
11 Apr 2016 08:04 #33038 von Annie
jonalm thank you for your response. I did what you said but it didn't work. I think some of the wires are disconnected. I'll check it through reassembling.

Mehr
11 Apr 2016 08:31 #33039 von DocBrown
DocBrown antwortete auf 'HOME ALL' problem with Y axis
I would disbale "SW limits" ("uncheck" this feature). If you really want to use it you have to set the SW limits always for every work-piece. OK, it gives a little bit more safety but is annoying...
Then SW limits are relatively to the 0 position of all axix.
I've disbaled it in a personal parameter file and I'm starting UCCNC always with my self-made default file.

Viele Grüße

Hartmut
V2/420 China 800W wassergekühlt
UCCNC & ARDUINO ESTLCAM Controller
ESTLCAM & QCAD
DK5LH/G11

Mehr
18 Apr 2016 09:21 #33285 von Annie
Wow! I disabled SW limits and it's working. But I'm not that smart to make my own parameter. I can bear with that annoying.:D. Thanks

Mehr
18 Apr 2016 18:43 #33297 von Chris83
Chris83 antwortete auf 'HOME ALL' problem with Y axis
The Z-Ref is switched at first, so the next X-Ref is bright by Z-Ref. All Refs are parallel. You have to drive back after each Ref per axis.

SC 420 v1 - LinuxCNC - EMC2 - Logitech Rumble Pad - Suhner UAC30RF (nach Anpassungen) - Fusion360

Mehr
28 Apr 2016 06:00 - 28 Apr 2016 06:03 #33634 von Annie
I solved this issue thanks to all you guys DocBrown, jonalm and Chris83 but I have another, similar problem. X and Z End Switches are working well now but Y isn't. At the end of 'Homing', Y axis doesn't stop with big noise(I always have to press Emergency button). I was going to ignore this issue but I'm new with this machine so I think it's better to solve this problem as well, even I can proceed the next step though. I don't know if it's connected to the status of Y End Switch or Softlimit issue and if it makes a big issue afterwards. Could you let me know?

Thanks and sorry for my late response every time. I'm working very slowly these days due to my 6-month-old baby.
Letzte Änderung: 28 Apr 2016 06:03 von Annie.

Mehr
02 Mai 2016 02:19 #33785 von Kivinen
Kivinen antwortete auf 'HOME ALL' problem with Y axis
Easiest way to check Y-limit switch is to just open the side cover and manually trigger the micro switch. If you have UCCNC running it should immediately beep and complain that limit switch triggered. If this does not happen then the switch might be broken. If this works, then most likely the switch is too deep in the frame, and the gantry does not press it when you move the Y to that end. There have been some cases where there are some screws which are too long and gantry hits them before the limit switch. You can open the cover and home the machine and see how much there is between the switch and the gantry when it does not move anymore. If it is very close you could just tape something to the gantry so that hits the switch earlier, so that would allow you to get things running if you do not have time to fix the root problem.

Stepcraft 2 840 Kickstarter make anything package
HF500, 3D print, Drag Knife, etc
UCCNC + UC100, V-Carve
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Annie, doncraig

Mehr
02 Mai 2016 14:44 #33799 von Annie
Thank you very much Kivinen. I used tape and hard paper to make the gantry reach to the switch as you said and it worked. I think I'll fix the root problem later because I want to use this machine as soon as possible.

Mehr
15 Aug 2016 11:19 #36647 von bajrai92
bajrai92 antwortete auf 'HOME ALL' problem with Y axis
Please help me guys.

I have problem with assembly. X and Z axis is doing fine but for Y-axis it stuck or struggle to move. What could be the problem ?

• ThomasDbg
  • ThomasDbgs Avatar
  • SC2/600 mit HF Spindel 500W
Mehr
15 Aug 2016 13:05 #36650 von ThomasDbg
ThomasDbg antwortete auf 'HOME ALL' problem with Y axis
Hi!

Plse take a look again on the last assembling step and the recommended video.

You have to adjust Your Y axis proper and precise, then it doesn´t struggle.

Regards,
Thomas

Produktevangelist :-)

Es grüßt mit der Ihm gegebenen Freundlichkeit...

...der Thomas

Mehr
15 Aug 2016 18:19 #36655 von peterg1000
peterg1000 antwortete auf 'HOME ALL' problem with Y axis
In my opinion the Y axis is very poor kinematically speaking - 16 possible points of contact to constrain movement to one direction. Theoretically one only needs 5 constraints, 3 rotation and 2 translation, so there is some redundancy!!!!

Practically, you will need to slacken off all the roller adjustments and then tighten carefully and slowly to JUST remove any free movement between each roller and guide rail. It took me hours to get my 420/2 to an acceptable state with no shake but easy to move over the whole Y axis extent. Just to make life doubly difficult, there is interaction with the X axis as well!!

In addition, misalignment of the leadscrew bearings at the free end can (and did in my case) cause severe binding - I eventually had to relieve the mounting holes on the end plate to get satisfactory operation.

Don't rush this job, otherwise it will return to bite you on your most important job (Sod's law always wins!!)

Good luck - be patient.

Peter.

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Mehr
08 Nov 2023 10:36 #63426 von AJplots
AJplots antwortete auf 'HOME ALL' problem with Y axis
I had this problem. To fix it: Home all, when y starts making bad sound hit e-stop, reset, try to manually move away from Y edge, hit override limit, reset, manually move away from y edge, home y

Mehr
29 Feb 2024 19:27 #63600 von Riyan17
Riyan17 antwortete auf 'HOME ALL' problem with Y axis
Encountering a 'HOME ALL' issue specifically with the Y axis. Upon initiating the 'HOME ALL' command, the Y axis fails to home properly, potentially leading to misalignment or inaccurate positioning. Investigating potential causes such as mechanical obstructions https://storysaver.page/, wiring issues, or configuration settings discrepancies is crucial. Ensuring that the Y axis is properly calibrated and free from any hindrances should resolve the problem for accurate homing functionality.