file Frage uccnc screen build error

Mehr
11 Dez 2016 03:24 #40464 von sc420user
uccnc screen build error wurde erstellt von sc420user
I re installed windows 7 on my machine as I fitted new SSD and installed uccnc and the stepcraft profiles but when I try to start uccnc with the stepcraft profile I get this error.

Screen build error:stepcraftscreenset

Anyone know what is going on here?

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
11 Dez 2016 10:03 - 11 Dez 2016 10:04 #40466 von DocBrown
DocBrown antwortete auf uccnc screen build error
There is a file named "Profiletemplate.pro" in the Contents folder. If you open it with a text editor you will find this in the first rows:

[Screensetsettings]
mainscreenfilename=Defaultscreenset

The screenset files are located in the folder "Screens". Since I bought my UCCNC SW from Stepcraft I got a branded Screen-file named "Stepcraftscreenset.ssf". Later I made an update from the CNC-drive web page ( www.cncdrive.com/UCCNC.html ) where this file is named "Defaultscreenset.ssf" and which is a little bit different from the Stepcraft Version.

So what you need is the correct "...screenset.ssf" as listed in the "Profiletemplate.pro" or you change the name in this file. So they must match.

Hope that solves the problem.

Viele Grüße

Hartmut
V2/420 China 800W wassergekühlt
UCCNC & ARDUINO ESTLCAM Controller
ESTLCAM & QCAD
DK5LH/G11
Letzte Änderung: 11 Dez 2016 10:04 von DocBrown.

Mehr
11 Dez 2016 10:13 - 11 Dez 2016 10:17 #40467 von peterg1000
peterg1000 antwortete auf uccnc screen build error
Hi,

I'm not an expert, but do check that you have a "Screen" directory under the main "UCCNC2" directory. It should contain a file "Defaultscreenset.ssf". There should also be a "Flashscreen"directory containing "BMP" and "SOUND" sub directories.

If those are all OK then try a re-install - if still no joy then I afraid I can't help, it might be to do with the speed of the SSD or even a missing file in the Win 7 installation.

Peter

Whilst writing the above I see that DocBrown has probably identified your problem - told you I wasn't an expert!!

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.
Letzte Änderung: 11 Dez 2016 10:17 von peterg1000. Grund: Additional comment

Mehr
11 Dez 2016 10:27 #40470 von DocBrown
I'm also not an expert but I did some modifications and designing my own screenset some time ago. :)
Hopefully my proposal is related to the problem... :whistle:

Viele Grüße

Hartmut
ESTLCAM & QCAD
DK5LH/G11

Mehr
11 Dez 2016 13:08 - 11 Dez 2016 14:04 #40478 von sc420user
sc420user antwortete auf uccnc screen build error
Thanks for the reply guys. My Profiletemplate.pro has this first lines as you have written
[Screensetsettings]
mainscreenfilename=Defaultscreenset

Should this say?
[Screensetsettings]
mainscreenfilename=Stepcraftscreenset

Ok after some time on uccnc forum, I was told my stepcraft profile is corrupt and can confirm this after looking at the screenset file myself. How do I get these files again? Can they be downloaded from stepcraft?
Letzte Änderung: 11 Dez 2016 14:04 von sc420user.

Mehr
11 Dez 2016 14:35 - 11 Dez 2016 14:37 #40482 von DocBrown
Here I've attached 2 screens but they are taken from an old version 1.1019.
So check if they work with your version but you can always download the complete latest UCCNC version from CNC-DRIVE which is 1.2026 curretnly. Don't forget to place the UC100 license file in the main directory of UCCNC.

Since your Profiletemplate is looking for Defaultscreenset you get your failure message. So as you wrote change the name to Stepcraftscreenset and it looks for Stepcraft or leave it and it looks for Defaultscreenset. You can place both attached files in the "Screens" folder. The difference is as I remember the symbol in the right upper corner and the jog control.

Viele Grüße

Hartmut
ESTLCAM & QCAD
DK5LH/G11

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Anhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

Letzte Änderung: 11 Dez 2016 14:37 von DocBrown.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: sc420user

Mehr
11 Dez 2016 23:35 - 11 Dez 2016 23:37 #40515 von sc420user
sc420user antwortete auf uccnc screen build error

DocBrown schrieb: Here I've attached 2 screens but they are taken from an old version 1.1019.
So check if they work with your version but you can always download the complete latest UCCNC version from CNC-DRIVE which is 1.2026 curretnly. Don't forget to place the UC100 license file in the main directory of UCCNC.

Since your Profiletemplate is looking for Defaultscreenset you get your failure message. So as you wrote change the name to Stepcraftscreenset and it looks for Stepcraft or leave it and it looks for Defaultscreenset. You can place both attached files in the "Screens" folder. The difference is as I remember the symbol in the right upper corner and the jog control.

Thank you so much DocBrown for the help it is much appreciated. I've got the latest uccnc so all good there. Here is an image of the corrupted screenset file.

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

cncdrive has sent me a new stepcraft installer as well.
Letzte Änderung: 11 Dez 2016 23:37 von sc420user.