Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
uccnc screen build ...

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

uccnc screen build error

7 Beiträge
3 Benutzer
0 Likes
5,586 Ansichten
(@sc420user)
Eminent Member
Themenstarter

I re installed windows 7 on my machine as I fitted new SSD and installed uccnc and the stepcraft profiles but when I try to start uccnc with the stepcraft profile I get this error.

Screen build error:stepcraftscreenset

Anyone know what is going on here?

Veröffentlicht : 11/12/2016 5:24 am
Hartmut
(@docbrown)
Honorable Member

There is a file named "Profiletemplate.pro" in the Contents folder. If you open it with a text editor you will find this in the first rows:

[Screensetsettings]
mainscreenfilename=Defaultscreenset

The screenset files are located in the folder "Screens". Since I bought my UCCNC SW from Stepcraft I got a branded Screen-file named "Stepcraftscreenset.ssf". Later I made an update from the CNC-drive web page ( http://www.cncdrive.com/UCCNC.html ) where this file is named "Defaultscreenset.ssf" and which is a little bit different from the Stepcraft Version.

So what you need is the correct "...screenset.ssf" as listed in the "Profiletemplate.pro" or you change the name in this file. So they must match.

Hope that solves the problem.

Viele Grüße

Hartmut
V2/420 China 800W wassergekühlt
UCCNC & ARDUINO ESTLCAM Controller
ESTLCAM & QCAD
-----------------------------------
DK5LH/G11

Veröffentlicht : 11/12/2016 12:03 pm
(@peterg1000)
Reputable Member

Hi,

I'm not an expert, but do check that you have a "Screen" directory under the main "UCCNC2" directory. It should contain a file "Defaultscreenset.ssf". There should also be a "Flashscreen"directory containing "BMP" and "SOUND" sub directories.

If those are all OK then try a re-install - if still no joy then I afraid I can't help, it might be to do with the speed of the SSD or even a missing file in the Win 7 installation.

Peter

Whilst writing the above I see that DocBrown has probably identified your problem - told you I wasn't an expert!!

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Veröffentlicht : 11/12/2016 12:13 pm
Hartmut
(@docbrown)
Honorable Member

I'm also not an expert but I did some modifications and designing my own screenset some time ago. 🙂
Hopefully my proposal is related to the problem... :whistle:

Viele Grüße

Hartmut
ESTLCAM & QCAD
DK5LH/G11

Veröffentlicht : 11/12/2016 12:27 pm
(@sc420user)
Eminent Member
Themenstarter

Thanks for the reply guys. My Profiletemplate.pro has this first lines as you have written
[Screensetsettings]
mainscreenfilename=Defaultscreenset

Should this say?
[Screensetsettings]
mainscreenfilename=Stepcraftscreenset

Ok after some time on uccnc forum, I was told my stepcraft profile is corrupt and can confirm this after looking at the screenset file myself. How do I get these files again? Can they be downloaded from stepcraft?

Veröffentlicht : 11/12/2016 3:08 pm
Hartmut
(@docbrown)
Honorable Member

Here I've attached 2 screens but they are taken from an old version 1.1019.
So check if they work with your version but you can always download the complete latest UCCNC version from CNC-DRIVE which is 1.2026 curretnly. Don't forget to place the UC100 license file in the main directory of UCCNC.

Since your Profiletemplate is looking for Defaultscreenset you get your failure message. So as you wrote change the name to Stepcraftscreenset and it looks for Stepcraft or leave it and it looks for Defaultscreenset. You can place both attached files in the "Screens" folder. The difference is as I remember the symbol in the right upper corner and the jog control.

Viele Grüße

Hartmut
ESTLCAM & QCAD
DK5LH/G11

Veröffentlicht : 11/12/2016 4:35 pm
(@sc420user)
Eminent Member
Themenstarter

Here I've attached 2 screens but they are taken from an old version 1.1019.
So check if they work with your version but you can always download the complete latest UCCNC version from CNC-DRIVE which is 1.2026 curretnly. Don't forget to place the UC100 license file in the main directory of UCCNC.

Since your Profiletemplate is looking for Defaultscreenset you get your failure message. So as you wrote change the name to Stepcraftscreenset and it looks for Stepcraft or leave it and it looks for Defaultscreenset. You can place both attached files in the "Screens" folder. The difference is as I remember the symbol in the right upper corner and the jog control.

Thank you so much DocBrown for the help it is much appreciated. I've got the latest uccnc so all good there. Here is an image of the corrupted screenset file.

cncdrive has sent me a new stepcraft installer as well.

Veröffentlicht : 12/12/2016 1:35 am
Teilen: