question-circle Question Extended length of roughing toolpast with 3mm EM

• Huff
  • Huff's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
27 Aug 2017 22:39 #49900 by Huff
Hi,

I'm a relatively new user, and am practicing milling double-sided, with a work area of 240 x 200 mm. Each side has two toolpaths, one "rough" with a 3mm EM, the other a finishing cut with a 2mm EM. I'm generating the toolpaths with VCarve Pro, to "Mach 2/3 Arcs (mm) .txt", then running these sequentially on an 840/2. The 3mm EM is configured with 4.1mm pass-depth, 0.6mm stepover, 1800mm/sec federate, as per attached screenshot.

Here's the problem:

Vectric Pro times the roughing pass at circa 35 minutes, at a feedrate of 1500mm/sec, but the elapsed actual time for the 3 passes is nearer 6 hours! For the life of me I can't spot the error in the job-set-up. Any help in running this problem to earth would be most welcome.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.