file Frage long road.finally machine set up and dust box made

Mehr
28 Feb 2016 13:51 #31345 von robinashby
hate dust so build box around my machine before the first routing was even tried!

had some building troubles with the machine aluminum base was big to big to slide into slot so had to go back for reworking.
got it back and to honest still didnt fit so had to file some off then with work slid in. When the machine arrived to had been bashed on the extrusions a little where the base slots in so a gave that a little file but think it may have also been tiny bit bent for when the aluminum sheet when in.

anyway rory has been very patient with my at times stupid questions but its there now I think! think theres a tiny tiny bit of play in the y belt and have ordered a grub screw Longer one as think the one in it not so good.

broke x1mm cutters in about 5 mins... maybe not the best to start with when new to cnc!

on the plus side the v carve seems good and basic to use!

So I thought as a matter of satisfaction and put a pic of my very first test routing on here !

it looks very sharp I think and will prove really good for the ukulele projects I bought this machine for.

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Bildanhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Worldhusky

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
28 Jul 2017 01:48 #49068 von Rockguy66
I would love to see a photo of your dust box. I was contemplating buying the Enclosure from Stepcraft, but $1199 is a lot for a case, no matter how well built.... well, at least for me.

Cheers,

Barrett

Mehr
28 Jul 2017 09:51 - 28 Jul 2017 09:55 #49078 von CNCMiller
maybe not the right topic but I was reading this and will share my solution.

I made a enclosure for my S420m from MDF.

Anhang IMG_4065.jpg wurde nicht gefunden.

Anhang IMG_4066.jpg wurde nicht gefunden.

Anhang IMG_4067.jpg wurde nicht gefunden.

Sorry I can't get the pictures in the correct position :unsure:

This is working fine and the best feature is the noise reduction in my hobby attic :)

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021

Dieser Beitrag enthält Bilddateien.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um sie zu sehen.

Letzte Änderung: 28 Jul 2017 09:55 von CNCMiller.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: gunnar, Rockguy66

Mehr
29 Jul 2017 00:01 #49105 von Rockguy66
That is BEAUTIFUL! Where did you get those glass doors? I was trying to source doors like that, and I could not find them.

If you don't mind, could you send some more photos? I really like your design! Too bad you didn't have a plan, you could sell this!

Mehr
29 Jul 2017 15:44 #49118 von CNCMiller
Ok
I will post the plans for the enclosure, but you have to wait until I have made the drawings.
I draw this SolidWorks but didn't finish the drawings for myself.
If I am complete these will be posted in the appropriate section of this forum.

The doors are made from acrylic or perspex and are 2mm thick, ordered on the internet.

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021

Mehr
07 Aug 2017 15:13 #49432 von CNCMiller
Herr are the plans for the S 420 enclosure.

The electrical schematic and components are left out, they only comply with NL parts.
But that is very easy to adapt for US and UK users.

If you have any question, feel free to ask them.

Have fun building.

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Anhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

Mehr
09 Dez 2017 00:53 #51573 von bmartens
That enclosure looks amazing. I spent much less time/money on mine, and am quite happy with it (although a bit less so, having seen that ;)
As a much cheaper option, I used some polycarbonate sheet leftovers and white duct tape that I had hanging around to make a box to go over my machine.

Polycarbonate sheets: www.greenwallsolutions.com/multiwall-sheets/polygal-standard-sheets/
My enclosure dimensions for my stepcraft II 600 machine were: 78cm deep, 62cm wide, 58cm tall.

The front of the box hinges at the top (again, made with duct tape), and I have a flap of duct tape on the side that I can use to 'lock' it shut, largely sealing the enclosure. I cut out a hole for the emergency stop button to protrude. With the vacuum running, I don't have any dust that escapes.

I cut out a circle for tools/hoses to be passed in & out, and made a polycarbonate ring/plug that goes around the hoses and to block off the hole. This allows the laser / mill to be swapped out easily while maintaining the integrity of the enclosure.

You can see on the left side the switchbox I made for the various touch sensors/switches, which I'm quite happy with (after being frustrated by the apparent lack of foresight from stepcraft in their varying switch designs). It's a 3-way switch. Bottom has just the tool length sensor connected, middle has nothing connected (allowing the laser length sensor to work, disabling the normally closed circuit of the tool length sensor), and the top position connects an 1/8" jack, into which the 3d probe (or a simple aligator-clip style touch sensor for copper PCB profile adjustment).

Dieser Beitrag enthält Bilddateien.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um sie zu sehen.