file Frage Whats the best spindle?

Mehr
07 Aug 2019 14:18 #57162 von Viken
Whats the best spindle? wurde erstellt von Viken
Hello all, I am currently trying to spec up a D series 840 and am wondering what is the best spindle option to go for with the easiest operation

I would like to have the option to have a tool changer and a speed controller and the options are all a little confusing on the site

I have looked at
www.stepcraft-systems.com/templates/yootheme/cache/EN_Comparison_Milling_Motors_v7-b5508c82.png

So it would be one of these
shop.stepcraft-systems.com/AMB-Milling-Motor-1050-FME-P-Portal-230V-with-external-speed-control-for-d-series
or
shop.stepcraft-systems.com/AMB-Milling-Motor-1050-FME-1-DI-with-automatic-tool-changer

What are the differences between the different names? its not very clear (FME-P or FME-1-DI)

I will be milling a wide range of materials up to aluminium so really want to get the correct spindle

any help would be great including links to previous posts on this subject

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
11 Aug 2019 17:39 #57185 von cygnus
cygnus antwortete auf Whats the best spindle?
Hello Viken
In my opinion the Kress 1050 FME milling motor is the best spindle!
I have been using it for about 4 years without any problems.
The milling motor is a bit noisy, especially at high speeds, but it has the best price-performance ratio.
By the way, the speed can be controlled.
Another advantage is the excellent concentricity of the collet chuck and the milling cutter.
Greetings cygnus

Stepcraft 420/2 mit WinPcNc-USB, Kress 1050, QCAD, Estlcam

Bedenke, dass auch ein Tritt in den Hintern einen Schritt vorwärts bedeuten kann.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Viken

Mehr
13 Aug 2019 12:39 #57197 von Viken
Viken antwortete auf Whats the best spindle?
Thanks cygnus, that will be the one we go for then

Mehr
18 Aug 2019 10:51 #57220 von CNCMiller
CNCMiller antwortete auf Whats the best spindle?
Hello Viken,

I try to explain,

"What are the differences between the different names? its not very clear (FME-P or FME-1-DI)"

Both are Kress or Kress related spindels of the FME serie and both have 1050 Watt power.
The "P" stands for the collet size in this case a the collet standard of ER-16, you can use any collet of this series to mach your milling bit max dia is 10 mm.

the 1D has a tool change module attached for the ATC and has a collet standard of ER-11, so any collet of this series can be used max dia is 7 mm (this is shaft diameter of course).

Both machines are very good and stable.
Just remember that for the ATC you need an AirCompressor and a pressure of 4-6 bar to operate the ATC

good luck

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021