question-circle Frage what stepcraft to buy?

Mehr
03 Mär 2021 11:00 #60651 von BOGACH
what stepcraft to buy? wurde erstellt von BOGACH
Hi, I would like to ask your experience to decide - is 420D with MM1000 spindle be good for doing the attached photo works, in hard wood ? Thank you!

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Bildanhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
21 Mär 2021 19:31 #60795 von klasstaffan
klasstaffan antwortete auf what stepcraft to buy?
STEPCRAFT-2/D.840 Construction Kit
Everyone has ideas – STEPCRAFT can help you turn them into a reality.

ONE MACHINE DOES IT ALL – Milling, Carving, Engraving, Crafts, 3D Printing and more…

The first CNC system for Professionals, Hobbyists and Families – Precise, Fast and Easy To Use!

Mehr
29 Jul 2021 10:15 - 29 Jul 2021 10:18 #61307 von 64andGo
64andGo antwortete auf what stepcraft to buy?
OK, so every Stepcraft can do pretty much everything, limited only by the size of the machine you buy, and that sounds really positive, but I have two questions, though:

1. How good is StepCraft support? The reason I'm asking is I have a machine from an American manufacturer, but I'm really unhappy with their poor customer attitude and will return or sell it as soon as I can, and want to be sure StepCraft has better customer support.

2. Is the machine mostly manufactured in Germany, and, therefore, exempt UK import duties?

Thank you.
Letzte Änderung: 29 Jul 2021 10:18 von 64andGo.

Mehr
30 Jul 2021 09:32 #61309 von CNCMiller
CNCMiller antwortete auf what stepcraft to buy?
it all depends on your demands and wishes.

Keep in mind that you can mill almost everything you want, but........
Stepcraft is in origin an hobby machine with all its limitations like speed and cutting depth. This is depending on the strength of the stepper motors and construction of the portal and Y-axis movement.

Time, because the strength of the machine is leading in cutting depth (passes) and feed rate (lateral movement) you will need more passes with little cutting depths and slower feed rates.

So overall the machine is slower as an industrial CNC but can do the same, only slower and within the machine working area limitations.

What kind of support you are expecting from Stepcraft?
If you expect help on setting up your machine than you should use the forum for the best results.
If you expect help on the hardware side just email them.

Personnel note: I use the first series 420 since 2013 bought as a kit. No problems since.

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021