question-circle Frage Limit switch triggered

Mehr
28 Sep 2016 03:53 - 28 Sep 2016 03:54 #37801 von sgripp
Limit switch triggered wurde erstellt von sgripp
Hello,

It`s been a couple days since i finished the assembly of my stepcraft 420 v2 and I`m trying to procceed with the first steps manual provided with the uccnc software.
I`m having a problem with the reference switches (both y and x/z) as they appear as triggered in the software even when not pressed. To check for wiring problems i connected the switches in the e-stop port (which was working correctly) and they functioned correctly. The stepcraft profile that came with uccnc was configured with limits on pin 12 port 1, so i guess it`s correct. I can only think of a defective control board, and im going to check the voltage on the switch connectors as soon as i find my multimeter.
Is there any other possibility i may have overlooked?
Letzte Änderung: 28 Sep 2016 03:54 von sgripp.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
28 Sep 2016 10:48 #37810 von peterg1000
peterg1000 antwortete auf Limit switch triggered
Hi sgripp,

Use the "Diagnostics" screen to see the state of the inputs as seen by UCCNC - you should be able to determine if the s/w is responding to switch operations at the input to the control board (port1,12 is correct).

If the whole UCCNC package is functioning correctly, then when port1,12 is at logic 1 (input open circuit) the "Diagnostics" page I12 indicator will show green, as will X,Y,Z Home and X,Y,Z + Limit.

Peter

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Mehr
28 Sep 2016 14:51 #37816 von sgripp
sgripp antwortete auf Limit switch triggered
That`s the problem, it is not responding. The input 12 keeps green wether i press the switches or not

Mehr
28 Sep 2016 17:18 - 28 Sep 2016 17:25 #37824 von peterg1000
Then it sounds very much like a hardware fault on the control board to me - unfortunately.

If you are confident, can you check continuity between the screw connector and the I12 pcb track, it will be soldered on the under side of course with a PTH through to the track on the top of the board- there might be a dry joint or a break in the track leading to a pullup resistor and the interface chip . A strong magnifying glass will help a lot.

I've attacked a picture for reference - the track concerned is the leftmost of the three arrowed. The tracks will be covered with solder resist, so be aware of that when you do a continuity check - perhaps the PTH nearest the group of resistors might be the best place to try. The tracks are labelled close to the screw connector.

Good luck!!

UC100 + UCCNC

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Bildanhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

Letzte Änderung: 28 Sep 2016 17:25 von peterg1000. Grund: Added information
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: sgripp

Mehr
28 Sep 2016 20:27 #37830 von DerRoy
DerRoy antwortete auf Limit switch triggered
It could also be, that one of the switches are cabled the wrong way.
I would check this first.

MfG
Roy

SC 600/2; SolidWorks; UCCnC und UC100; EstlCam und Arduino Steuerung; KRESS 800kfme;

Mehr
28 Sep 2016 23:40 #37832 von peterg1000
The switches have already been proven to operate correctly by patching them into the ESD circuit - so it does point to a board fault rather than a switch fault.

The indicator at green indicates an open circuit, black indicates a short to ground, which is the untripped condition.

UC100 + UCCNC

Mehr
10 Okt 2016 03:30 #38121 von sgripp
sgripp antwortete auf Limit switch triggered
I din`t have time the last couple weeks to continue testing with the machine. This weekend however, i kept testing trying to find the cause of the problem. I re-checked the continuity of all cables and to my surprise the x/z limit cable was giving an intermitent continuity, I tried moving the cable and found a position that it kept cuurent flowing, and then i could reset the machine through UCCNC.
It wasn`t a control board fault after all, just some bad luck ^^. It took some time to replace the cable but its working perfectly now. I checked the original one and it seems that it was broken at the right angle curve when going down the gantry

Mehr
10 Okt 2016 17:38 #38143 von peterg1000
Glad you solved it and that your control board is healthy.

Intermittents are a b*****d to cure!!

UC100 + UCCNC