file Frage A few questions from a non stepcraft owner

Mehr
26 Mai 2015 19:22 #21411 von cncwood
Hi,

yes i get confirmation, hopefuly stepcraft team respond to my emails but a little late, i have spend an amount while waiting to get banks infos to send money for my order. suddenly i had to cancel my order for making a new one later in time because i get a dewalt 611 that cost me 300+ euros, and my budget fall down so i cant afford the SC840 right now :(

Thank you for your answers guys!

Nick

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
22 Jun 2020 22:59 #59219 von Expertsam

cncwood schrieb: Hi all!

My name is Nick and this is my very first topic on that forum. I have never used a cnc machine before but is something im gona try with a stepcraft2/840 maschine. Im total new to the field, although i have read and watch a lot videos about cncs. Despite that i have some questions and maybe already users could help me.

So the maschine comes in two versions one with usb module and another with parallel module. I want to use softwares like mach3 so i read i need the parallel version. But my pc have not a port. I search and find that its an adaptor called UC100 i have to use. I search also for pci parallel cards that cost around 20 euros. Friends what you think its better to go? If i go with a card is possible to control the maschine apropriate? What i have to be aware of those pci-lpt cards? Will be easy to setup with card/adaptor?

I know stepcraft is for hobby but im going to use it in my small workshop for woodcrafts. I will use a kress spindle, what you think is the basic router bits i have to order along the maschine to start work? I am also interested in 2.5D (or 3D?, i am confused about the right terminology) mashining on woods.

Thank you!

Hey last year i purchase a stepcraft 840 which i find one of the best decision of my life as it has several pros like:-

The compact size makes it perfect for the smaller workstations that need the machine to fit in the space and also deliver precise work.

The ability to power through a wide range of materials, right from aluminum, thermoplastics, carbon, Plexiglas, polyamide, all kinds of PVC, PP, PE, ABS, to wood.

Ability to accommodate a number of tools that are commonly used, such as, the 3D Printer Head, the HF-500 Spindle, the hot wire cutter, the point engraver, and the laser cutter.

Assembling is super easy thanks to the graphical description in the EasyBuild manual, along with multiple videos that you will find online.

The router is easy to maintain and adjust as per your needs since you get to know all about it while assembling

A durable and sturdy product because of the use of top-notch materials in the construction of its parts

Highly active Facebook community to offer you solutions, suggestions, ideas, and so on. You can find answers to any query about the product in there.

The product comes with a warranty of two years.

An affordable price range compared to many other options and a commendable cutting surface on offer

All this feature attract me and suits my work. I get this info from a blog - theedgecutter.com/stepcraft-840-review Which is quiet useful to get full info of stepcraft 840 as they also mentioning its pros and cons. You can check my words by watching that article.

Thanks

Mehr
18 Aug 2020 05:27 #59390 von josehenry1800
josehenry1800 antwortete auf A few questions from a non stepcraft owner
Great to see that.

Jose Henry - Writer at toolsgearlab.com