Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
UCCNC & Stepcraft 3...

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

UCCNC & Stepcraft 300 problem

5 Beiträge
4 Benutzer
0 Likes
6,157 Ansichten
(@renenijman)
Themenstarter

I have recently bought the Stepcraft v2 300 with the parallel port adapter and the uc100 motion controller. I'm trying to do my first CNC milling, but I have a problem. Whenever I try to jog the machine to the right on the X-axis, I get an error in UCCNC saying "A machine axis position software limit was reached. This axis was now stopped." I'm using the V2-300 profile from the CD.
On a related note: when I load the included test file ("Stepcraft-Logo.nc"), no matter where I zero the machine, I always get the error: "The current job is out of the set software limits. Adjust the softlimits to fit the job extents or disable the softlimits."
In the configuration tab the softlimits are set to 0 (-) and 207 (+). Altering these does not seem to have any effect.
After installation everything seemed to run fine in a test run, but now I can't figure out how to make it work anymore.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
René

Veröffentlicht : 31/10/2015 5:06 pm
(@renenijman)
Themenstarter

Just wanted to say that Rory from Stoney CNC helped me out by explaining how to disable the soft limits.

Veröffentlicht : 31/10/2015 7:09 pm
(@remotruker)
Eminent Member

Have you Home'd the machine?

Stepcraft 2 420
500 Watt Spindle
3D Printing System
3d Probe
T-Slot Table

Tooling:
1/8" 60 Deg 4 Flute V Bit
1/8" 4-Flute Square Nose End Mill
1/8" 2 Flute Ball Nose End Mill
1/16" 2 Flute Ball Nose End Mill

UCCNC and VCarve Pro

Total Newbie!

Veröffentlicht : 12/11/2015 11:01 pm
(@simeurope)

maybe share what you did exactly to remove the limits?

Veröffentlicht : 22/12/2015 9:03 pm
(@rory)
Reputable Member

>> config
>> general settings
>> enable soft limits (uncheck box)
>>apply
>>save
>>close and re-open UCCNC to verify the changes have saved.

homing the machine is required in order for the soft limits to work

Veröffentlicht : 23/12/2015 1:55 pm
Teilen: