Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
Engraving side of c...

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

Engraving side of chopping board

6 Beiträge
3 Benutzer
0 Likes
3,600 Ansichten
(@edinnit)
Eminent Member
Themenstarter

Evening.

I've made a few chopping boards recently. I'd like to personalise some by engraving on the side of them.

Obviously they're too big to fit under the Z Axis.
I've seen an adaptor that would mount the kress horizontally, but how do I go about changing the software to engrave correctly?

Guess I'd want the Y movements to happen on the Z axis... I think?

Anyone able to explain?

Veröffentlicht : 20/12/2016 10:54 pm
Andreas
(@magio2)
Famed Member

It would be a good idea to tell us which software you use.

If you have a 2D Software toolchain which uses g-code for machine-control, you can simply create the file normal way with x and y axis, open the file with an editor and then use search and replace to swap the axes.

3D software like fusion 360 might do it correctly.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas

Veröffentlicht : 20/12/2016 11:51 pm
(@edinnit)
Eminent Member
Themenstarter

Yea that would be a good start I guess haha.

I use Vcarve Pro, and uccnc.

Not sure if this can convert for me, if not, is it just as easy as opening the code in notepad, and changing every Y command to a Z command?

Veröffentlicht : 21/12/2016 2:54 am
(@edinnit)
Eminent Member
Themenstarter

Can anybody shed any further light on the subject?

Veröffentlicht : 28/12/2016 12:54 pm
(@rory)
Reputable Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFX_NyHf6lg

you can change the settings. Y becomes Z. Z becomes Y. if you reverse the motion directions you don't need to mirror the toolpath like in that video

best bet is to get a proxxon / dremel and use the adaptor. kress heavy to go on its side.

Veröffentlicht : 28/12/2016 11:49 pm
(@edinnit)
Eminent Member
Themenstarter

Thanks very much Rory, I'll have a look at the video. Shame you can't use the kress. I may give it a go taking really light cuts

Veröffentlicht : 30/12/2016 4:58 pm
Teilen: