Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
Can I use BlenderCA...

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

Can I use BlenderCAM to generate a Gcode file ?

3 Beiträge
2 Benutzer
0 Likes
6,768 Ansichten
(@norbert_00)
Themenstarter

Can I use BlenderCAM to generate a Gcode file opened later with WinPC-NC (USB interface Full Version) ?

Hello,

As hobby, i intend to buy a Stepcraft 420 with USB Interface Full Version to make small decorative panels in wood (oak or linden).

The 3d drawing is made with Blender and exported as 3d surface (.stl file).
Some time ago, I have discovered the BlenderCAM (free) software with this video from Daniel Bachmann:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xolIz1VpgxQ

With the guidance of this video, I have been able to create a Gcode file with Post processor selected as : Win-PC.

Here are the first lines of the .din created file :

(Created with win-pc post processor 2017/01/29 15:35)
G21
(G-code generated with BlenderCAM and NC library)
G17 G90
(Tool change - D = 3.2 mm type BALLNOSE flutes 2)
T1
P10.000000
G00 X0 Y0 Z9.999
X102.485 Y102.485
G01 Z-0.4 F8.33
Y198.484 F16.66
X102.985
Y102.485
X103.485
Y198.484

Do you think i can open such a Gcode file with WinPC-NC (USB interface Full Version) to make a 3d milling on a Stepcraft 420 ?

Your comments are welcome.

Best regards,
Norbert

Veröffentlicht : 29/01/2017 8:23 pm
(@sfdeejay)
Estimable Member

Norbert: You may receive help from forum members with more experience than me, but this I can tell you...
The fact that you could produce what appears to be a working GCode file, I could almost bet you will have no trouble importing it into WIN-PC. The post-processor I received with my StepCraft ST2-600 a short time ago came with UCCNC. After having spent a great deal of time w/ UCCNC (latest version), I was able to bring in ANY kind of GCode. While it is my understanding that WIN-PC is a bit lighter weight than UCCNC, it should serve you well. In fact, you have aroused my curiosity such that I intend to download BlenderCAM and try it's output with my configuration. Will let you know.

Veröffentlicht : 31/01/2017 1:44 am
(@norbert_00)
Themenstarter

Thank you very much for your answer, SFDeeJay.

I am happy to see that it is most probably possible to use BlenderCAM with WinPC-NC.

Very kind of you to share the result after you test with BlenderCAM.

Best regards,
Norbert

Veröffentlicht : 31/01/2017 8:37 pm
Teilen: