Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

Whats the best spindle?

4 Beiträge
3 Benutzer
0 Likes
3,764 Ansichten
(@viken)
Themenstarter

Hello all, I am currently trying to spec up a D series 840 and am wondering what is the best spindle option to go for with the easiest operation

I would like to have the option to have a tool changer and a speed controller and the options are all a little confusing on the site

I have looked at

So it would be one of these
https://shop.stepcraft-systems.com/AMB-Milling-Motor-1050-FME-P-Portal-230V-with-external-speed-control-for-d-series
or
https://shop.stepcraft-systems.com/AMB-Milling-Motor-1050-FME-1-DI-with-automatic-tool-changer

What are the differences between the different names? its not very clear (FME-P or FME-1-DI)

I will be milling a wide range of materials up to aluminium so really want to get the correct spindle

any help would be great including links to previous posts on this subject

Veröffentlicht : 07/08/2019 4:18 pm
Gerhard Widmann
(@cygnus)
Eminent Member

Hello Viken
In my opinion the Kress 1050 FME milling motor is the best spindle!
I have been using it for about 4 years without any problems.
The milling motor is a bit noisy, especially at high speeds, but it has the best price-performance ratio.
By the way, the speed can be controlled.
Another advantage is the excellent concentricity of the collet chuck and the milling cutter.
Greetings cygnus

Stepcraft 420/2 mit WinPcNc-USB, Kress 1050, QCAD, Estlcam

Bedenke, dass auch ein Tritt in den Hintern einen Schritt vorwärts bedeuten kann.

Veröffentlicht : 11/08/2019 7:39 pm
(@viken)
Themenstarter

Thanks cygnus, that will be the one we go for then

Veröffentlicht : 13/08/2019 2:39 pm
(@cncmiller)
Reputable Member

Hello Viken,

I try to explain,

"What are the differences between the different names? its not very clear (FME-P or FME-1-DI)"

Both are Kress or Kress related spindels of the FME serie and both have 1050 Watt power.
The "P" stands for the collet size in this case a the collet standard of ER-16, you can use any collet of this series to mach your milling bit max dia is 10 mm.

the 1D has a tool change module attached for the ATC and has a collet standard of ER-11, so any collet of this series can be used max dia is 7 mm (this is shaft diameter of course).

Both machines are very good and stable.
Just remember that for the ATC you need an AirCompressor and a pressure of 4-6 bar to operate the ATC

good luck

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021

Veröffentlicht : 18/08/2019 12:51 pm
Teilen: