Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
Is this type of det...

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

Is this type of detail possible ?

2 Beiträge
2 Benutzer
0 Likes
3,429 Ansichten
(@ianmed67)
Themenstarter

First I’d like to say hello as this is my first post ,
second , I’m about to purchase my first cnc machine ( v2 600) to use for making acoustic stringed instruments. I shall be using it for making routing jigs and molds from mdf which I know is ok , but I mainly want it for cutting mother of pearl inlays as shown in the photo. Also Small lettering no smaller than 8 mm
Is it possible to achieve this sort of detail with this sort of machine or is it only possible on machines costing many thousands ?
Cheers
Ian

Veröffentlicht : 15/07/2018 12:26 am
Doug
 Doug
(@doug)
Reputable Member

Hi Ian.

I think we communicated recently via Facebook Messenger on this topic but I thought it would be useful posting a reply here.

The most detailed cut I have done with my Stepcraft 2/840 machine is a small 'wafer' or base for a replica Jeanrenaud DPDT parallel slide switch which I cut from phenolic resin sheet 'tufnol'. I used a 0.8 mm diameter flat nose end mill. This is shown in a brief video on my Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v88iNPrC8pQ

I was slightly surprised at how well the small details (squares and circles) executed on this job proving that a well tuned Stepcraft CNC machine is just as capable of handling larger jobs as well as intricate ones. I recall suggesting to you that you buy a smaller format machine as you need for cutting inlays to help with rigidity and ease of set up.

Let us know how you get on because a number of users struggle to mechanically tune their machines after assembly, particularly the largest format 840 size.

Regards

Doug

Stepcraft 2/840, StoneyCNC industrial HF spindle, 4th axis, TurboCAD 2016 Professional 64 bit, MeshCAM, GWizard feeds & speeds calculator, UCCNC
Hobby use: guitar building (luthiery), https://dsgb.net

Veröffentlicht : 29/09/2018 9:42 am
Teilen: