Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
StoneyCNC VFD Spind...

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

StoneyCNC VFD Spindel and Auto Tool Changer

3 Beiträge
3 Benutzer
0 Likes
3,640 Ansichten
(@ctweber01)
Themenstarter

Has anyone that own the VFD spindle tried to install an ATC system?

Will the one sold to fit the Kress (same head diameter of 43) mount to the Industrial Quality spindle?

Is that spindle available to buyers in the US?

Thanks!

Chris

Veröffentlicht : 29/12/2017 10:43 pm
(@ollie78)

I cannot help answer this but would certainly like to know if it would work. That would be the ultimate setup for a stepcraft system.
Ollie

Veröffentlicht : 14/01/2018 11:49 pm
 R J
(@cpt-wingnut)
Eminent Member

Hello,
I own a VFD spindle and I’m very impressed with its performance.
I haven’t owned either the Kress or Stepcraft spindle so I can’t give you a comparison.

Before I bought the VFD I asked Rory about using an ATC with it, here’s his reply.

"It’s not really a runner to just bolt an ATC module to a spindle. A spindle spinning at 24000rpm is very sensitive to runout. As soon as you have two parts machined separately coming together you run into issues long term with bearings. It’s much better to grind out the cone of the collet when its integral in the spindle design. Otherwise you have tolerance stack up. We only build manually changed collet spindles. Or automatically changed collet spindles".

Changing the collets/mills manually is a bit of a pain but I can live with it.

Veröffentlicht : 17/01/2018 10:18 pm
Teilen: