Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
Very slim vise - DI...

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

Very slim vise - DIY

4 Beiträge
2 Benutzer
0 Likes
5,439 Ansichten
Giulio Buccini
(@julius)
Reputable Member
Themenstarter

I was searching for an ultra-flat/slim vise to save Z-distance travel as much I can. Apparently there are no slim vise available on the market.
🙁

For this reason I was really impressed by the simplicity of the flat vise that Luiz Ally built for his Sherline machine. A lot of people copied his idea, I don't excluded to copy it too.

Maybe you're interest too. If so, take a look at this video: A slim milling vise to Sherline

(Here below a little refinement of the same idea.)

SC300 + Spindle HF500 + Portalerhöhung + LinuxCNC + gsimple

Veröffentlicht : 06/04/2015 4:55 pm
Andreas
(@magio2)
Famed Member

Here are some flat vises: CNC Plus

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas

Veröffentlicht : 06/04/2015 5:06 pm
Giulio Buccini
(@julius)
Reputable Member
Themenstarter

Here are some flat vises: CNC Plus

Yeah, I'm going to buy one of them now. Unfortunately they have one important drawbacks: the two horizontal long threaded rods occupy space between the jaws. So you're workpiece cannot touch the surface of the worktable, this means that:

a) the position of the workpiece it's always ca. 2cm above the table (this reduces Z-travel distance)
b) you cannot use the vise to easily square a block of irregular material like traditional mill-machinists does.

At the moment I have no time to build one flat-vise, so I will go for cnc-plus. In future I will resell them.

Veröffentlicht : 06/04/2015 7:33 pm
Giulio Buccini
(@julius)
Reputable Member
Themenstarter

Endlich!
The vise fro CNC-plus.de has arrived (they was in holidays)! Soon I will report here my impressions.

Veröffentlicht : 25/04/2015 1:24 pm
Teilen: