Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
Z-axis gone bananas

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

Z-axis gone bananas

25 Beiträge
9 Benutzer
0 Likes
14.6 K Ansichten
(@cncmiller)
Reputable Member

don't use Vista its the biggest misstake from Microsoft.

Try a version of XP or newer that will work well.
I use a dedicated PC with windows 7 no problems at all.

good luck

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021

Veröffentlicht : 21/07/2017 11:07 am
Hartmut
(@docbrown)
Honorable Member

...yes, I did remember a discussion about usage of Vista: Vista

Viele Grüße

Hartmut
V2/420 China 800W wassergekühlt
UCCNC & ARDUINO ESTLCAM Controller
ESTLCAM & QCAD
-----------------------------------
DK5LH/G11

Veröffentlicht : 21/07/2017 11:33 am
(@peterg1000)
Reputable Member

Hi,

If you need a copy of XP, there is plenty of choice on Ebay. For example at :-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Windows-XP-Home-Edition-Sp3-With-COA-License-Product-Key-CD-System-32-bit/1388816182?iid=261985913134

If your laptop is quite old, it may not be able to handle Win 7. Win XP will do all that you require - nice simple and straightforward, not hamstrung with hundreds of bells and whistles to trip you up.

Peter

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Veröffentlicht : 21/07/2017 11:49 am
Miguel Morao
(@mmorao)
Estimable Member
Themenstarter

Thanks all 🙂 That's right, I used XP for years on end and cried my cheeks out when the announcement came that MS was discontinuing support ! The best thing since W98!

I'm still using Office 2003! Later versions were too much Hello Kitty for me, only made blingier to attract younger public but with no concrete improvement. Quite the opposite at times, and I had a terrible row with my then boss over that. But he was a Hello Kitty type of person anyway so no surprise 😆

I'm going to format that old laptop and find an XP, in ebay or somewhere else!

Clockwork Orange is a S600 with 4th axis, Kress 1050. Software is UCCNC, DeskProto, Rhino, DraftSight. Also a Silhouette Cameo for vinyl, plastic card, etc.

Veröffentlicht : 21/07/2017 1:23 pm
(@cncmiller)
Reputable Member

MMorao,

If I am correct microsoft lets you download XP for free.
ther are plenty of sites with the download link
http://softlay.net/operating-system/windows-xp-sp3-iso-full-version-free-download.html

good luck

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021

Veröffentlicht : 21/07/2017 3:41 pm
 Zeke
(@radford)
Eminent Member

Doc, just so you're aware. I've had a similar issue as well. My wife was running the machine a couple of weeks ago and the photo shows what the result. It appears the origin moved.

Veröffentlicht : 23/07/2017 10:53 pm
Miguel Morao
(@mmorao)
Estimable Member
Themenstarter

Good luck, I'm still having trouble and I'm exploring solutions.

I've connected the Clockwork Orange to a stabilized power supply but still managed to have a Z-zero going to Shangri-La. I expect to have a XP machine running in a couple of days and will see then.

Cheers!

Clockwork Orange is a S600 with 4th axis, Kress 1050. Software is UCCNC, DeskProto, Rhino, DraftSight. Also a Silhouette Cameo for vinyl, plastic card, etc.

Veröffentlicht : 24/07/2017 9:12 pm
Miguel Morao
(@mmorao)
Estimable Member
Themenstarter

Hi Radford, looking at your photos again to me it looks like one of your axes, X or Y but most likely Y, is lagging or binding, which is an entirely different problem and thank goodness easy to solve. I suggest you locate the latest youtube videos by StoneyCNC, announced somewhere in the forum, and follow their procedures to the last detail. Those are a kill-them-dead problem solver B)

Veröffentlicht : 25/07/2017 6:15 pm
(@alexxfx)
Eminent Member

I have the same problem with Z axe. Can not solve it for two years already. I believe it's just an issue of Stepcraft machine. So my use of SC is very limited.

Is anyone who solved the problem?

Veröffentlicht : 12/12/2019 9:40 pm
(@crackshere)

There's no doubt i would fully rate it after i read what is the idea about this article. You did a nice job.. 4k video downloader licence key

Veröffentlicht : 28/06/2022 11:48 am
Seite 2 / 2
Teilen: