Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
New Laser module fo...

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

New Laser module for the Stepcraft

13 Beiträge
13 Benutzer
0 Likes
12.4 K Ansichten
Javier Valencia Rodriguez
(@jvalencia)
Estimable Member
Themenstarter

Just saw it on this video (go to 0:39), and more things to see: a water bed and a big cabinet for the machine (looks expensive).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u_FBiQrO3c

Another video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmFV5jeOsHI

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad

Veröffentlicht : 01/05/2016 7:50 pm
(@mathieu-hebbrecht)
Eminent Member

When will it release??

Veröffentlicht : 25/08/2016 10:48 am
Roy Rathner
(@derroy)
Reputable Member

Unfortunately this Video is quite "old" already.
It has been taken during the fair Intermodellbau which took place in April already.

MfG
Roy

SC 600/2; SolidWorks; UCCnC und UC100; EstlCam und Arduino Steuerung; KRESS 800kfme;

Veröffentlicht : 25/08/2016 4:21 pm
(@svanmieghem)

I am also waiting for the stepcraft laser module. Any news?

Veröffentlicht : 26/09/2016 10:13 am
Markku Lehtola
(@sloworks)
Trusted Member

It's on shop now, but there's nothing about software requirements, is it working with WinPC-NC full/starter, UCCNC? Any idea?

br
Markku
www.stepcraft.fi (reseller in Finland)
www.sloworks.fi
SOLIDWORKS, WinPC-NC Full, EstlCAM, SC1/600 + HF500W, laser
BCN3D Sigma

Veröffentlicht : 09/11/2016 8:55 pm
bluskies
(@bluskies)

Hi!

I ordered one a few days ago. The web shop says shipping from early December. Those videos and other preview said there would be two models (2 W & 6 W) but there was only one in the shop indicating 1000 mW (1W). I am curious to whether I'll be able to upgrade if there is a higher output model later :-p

There is not much info on software or anything, but I hope it will come with some control software. Seems there is a control box. On newer photos a small grey box with air extraction fan laying on the table in the background, but in the videos the control box was larger and orange like the other control boxes from Stepcraft.

This was really like ordering myself a Christmas present, I have no idea what will be in the box, only that it will (hopefully) arrive before the holiday, including everything needed to use it :unsure:

Best regards
Audun

Veröffentlicht : 16/11/2016 7:01 pm
Sven Weinmann
(@sickone4)
Honorable Member

THE CAT. Definitely the cat will be in the box.

Unfortunatly there is no software. But I can tell you rumors (me...!) will tell, there will be a first release of LaserCAm. A software that edits the ESTLCam DIN files to a DIN file that can be used for your laser and WINPcNc.
Maybe this will help you out 🙂

but the cat will be in there anyways...

Gruß
Sven

Seit vierundsechzig Minuten sitzt Peter schon an einem runden Tisch in einem Besprechungszimmer und wartet. Er ist exakt vierundsechzig Minuten schlechter gelaunt als vor vierundsechzig Minuten,

SC600/I - HF500 - WinPC-NC USB + Handrad
ESTLCam - CorelDRAW X7 - Cut3D - SketchUp - LaserCAM

Veröffentlicht : 16/11/2016 8:08 pm
(@cncmiller)
Reputable Member

If you look at "Inkscape" a vector drawing progam witch has an "Laser tool plug-in".
With that you can create the necessary code for the Stepcraft and the best, Its for free!

https://jtechphotonics.com/?page_id=2012

maybe this will help

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021

Veröffentlicht : 16/11/2016 9:52 pm
 Owen
(@owen-s)

Does anyone here have one of these up and running?

If so what do you like using it for?

If so what are your thoughts?

Cheers,

Owen S.

Veröffentlicht : 06/03/2017 5:46 pm
(@pattarom)

I did not found laser module in the shop, it was removed?

Veröffentlicht : 22/03/2017 11:55 am
Hartmut
(@docbrown)
Honorable Member

As I remember there was a problem with the life-time of the laser-diode. So we've to wait for a new supplier for the laser-module.

Viele Grüße

Hartmut
V2/420 China 800W wassergekühlt
UCCNC & ARDUINO ESTLCAM Controller
ESTLCAM & QCAD
-----------------------------------
DK5LH/G11

Veröffentlicht : 22/03/2017 1:44 pm
Michael Lux
(@mikerd03)
Reputable Member

Last time I visited Stepcraft here in Germany I saw some assembled lasers on the desk, so I would guess it won't take too long. 😉

SC M.500 | 2,2kW Spindel G-Penny | Mach4 über Ethernet Smoothstepper

Veröffentlicht : 22/03/2017 6:13 pm
(@nd595)

Semiconductor lasers weakest point is that they need a powerful and very efficient cooling systems. If laser diode temperature goes above +50 degrees Celsium at any time, the diode will not last for long. I am using a 10W blue laser diode with custom driver and a complicated cooling (includes a Peltier element and a big aluminium heatsink to dissipate the heat) - but IMHO, this is only for engraving. If you want to laser cut things, you will be much better off with CO2 40W laser engraver/cutter; just beware of a cheap chinese ones - they do work, but the required setting up and necessary modifications are not for everyone.

Veröffentlicht : 22/04/2017 12:44 pm
Teilen: