Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

Stepcraft is an "unbaked product" and i hate it

78 Beiträge
24 Benutzer
0 Likes
27.1 K Ansichten
(@orenhag)
Eminent Member
Themenstarter

Bought the Stepcraft 420.

Went to the factory in Germany to pick it up.

Nobody explains what exactly one needs to control this machine.

Its supplied with a useless usb module which connects to a useless non Gcode software.

After assembling the machine most of the axis where got stuck.

The only advice from Stepcraft was to disassemble and reassemble this machine.

I had it for 5 months now and didnt manage to cnc one single thing.

This product is useless. If u are considering buying a Stepcraft - STAY AWAY!

Lost more than 2K$ for this defective product.

I lost hope.

Veröffentlicht : 28/11/2016 6:36 pm
Andreas Schulz
(@andys1957)
Prominent Member

Here are lots of results made with this "useless product" by lots of users who love their Stepcraft...

Fräse: SC 2/600 mit PerfKit, T-Nut, Vakuum, Kress 1050 FME-1
CAD, CAM, Steuerung: FreeCAD, Estlcam, Estlcam/Arduino ("Forums-Shield")
Laser, Software: Sculpfun S30 Pro, Eleksmaker A3 mit Atomstack R30 (IR), Lightburn
3D-Druck: FB Reborn 2, Art. Genius und Gen. Pro, CTC Bizer, Elegoo Mars

Veröffentlicht : 28/11/2016 7:51 pm
(@orenhag)
Eminent Member
Themenstarter

I guess u have to German to operate it. Or to read IMPORTANT information about it.

Also. Try emailing Stepcraft for help in English. Disaster.

And this said after seeing all those photos of about 15 people who made this useless product operate.

Veröffentlicht : 28/11/2016 8:00 pm
(@bvs)
Noble Member

Seems you are really not happy.
Do you want to sell the machine??

Watch what's Possible with sc
Nice Christmas gifts

Veröffentlicht : 28/11/2016 8:04 pm
(@orenhag)
Eminent Member
Themenstarter

PM if you want to buy it!

I saw your work on the German thread. Very nice.

Unfortunately, most ordinary people cannot assemble and operate it.

I struggled with this machine too long now, i wish i got a BTZ CNC instead.

Veröffentlicht : 28/11/2016 8:07 pm
(@bvs)
Noble Member

Please make a price and show pictures of the stepii

Veröffentlicht : 28/11/2016 8:13 pm
Andreas
(@magio2)
Famed Member

Did you buy the construction kit or the ready to run machine?

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas

Veröffentlicht : 28/11/2016 9:01 pm
Roy Rathner
(@derroy)
Reputable Member

Obviously he bought the DIY kit.
Well, there are hundreds of examples that this machine is not crap. Yes, you can find those people right here.

If you give just a few more informations, I am quite sure you will find a lot of guys who would try to help you.

The hint from Stepcraft to disassemble and re built the machine is not wrong. Use the example videos you find at YouTube as a help and do it slow and carefully.

MfG
Roy

SC 600/2; SolidWorks; UCCnC und UC100; EstlCam und Arduino Steuerung; KRESS 800kfme;

Veröffentlicht : 28/11/2016 10:11 pm
Michael
(@alpenkreuzer)
Noble Member

Maybe you are NOT the right one to assemble and operate this machine. Maybe you will have the success you supposed to have with the Stepcraft with a BTZ.

Therefore my proposal: send me a PN offering your machine for a fair and reasonable price, disassemble the machine and I will buy it.

wbr Michael

Gruss Michael

begonnen mit 420/2, Alu-Fräse "KARLA" (noch im Bau)
EstlCam mit Arduino NANO, WinPC-NC USB
Kress, QCAD, Fusion 360, Inventor, Winghelper

Veröffentlicht : 28/11/2016 11:12 pm
Andreas
(@magio2)
Famed Member

Ah .. found the other thread.

About the initial statement in the headline:
There are always 2 sides. From perspective of your Steppi, you are an "unbaked mechanic". Propably it would be happy to escape from you.

I can understand your frustration, but blaming stepcraft simply means shifting the blame and does not help. If you are totally untalented you should have bought the ready to run version, which I expect to be cheaper than the BTZ.

But in the end BTZ needs the same maintenance and can fail after months/years of operation. What do you do then?

Maybe you live close to another SC user who can help? Maybe you have a hackerspace close to you? There is no option, you have to learn the basics. Well at least if you come over the blaming phase.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas

Veröffentlicht : 28/11/2016 11:12 pm
(@bvs)
Noble Member

it would be nice to get him his machine working.
Maybe there is some glue in the stepper motor bearings .

he sells only together with hf500 🙁

Veröffentlicht : 28/11/2016 11:17 pm
(@bvs)
Noble Member

hello Michael
30% off with hf500 was his price (PN)

Veröffentlicht : 28/11/2016 11:21 pm
(@orenhag)
Eminent Member
Themenstarter

BVS - Thank you for being a good sales person.

alpenkreuzer - Can the "wrong person" get a refund from Stepcraft or he lost 2k$?

Magio2 - I wish I could read German and have some access to all the useful information in the German part of the forum. Bcz for English there is hardly any help.

I bought this machine to help me with my electronics projects. I Diy a lot. never did a CNC machine but did a lot of projects. I believe that selling this machine as a "turn key" product is not in par with reality. I am also disappointing from the fact i need to take it apart and reassemble it without even knowing whats wrong with it.

Veröffentlicht : 29/11/2016 1:08 am
Worldhusky
(@worldhusky)
Noble Member

Magio2 - I wish I could read German and have some access to all the useful information in the German part of the forum. Bcz for English there is hardly any help.

Hi orenhag - welcome to the forum!

whats about to make a solid deal: :woohoo:

Let the freaks here help you to get your machine up and running and your payback would be to take care of the forum user in the english speaking section ...

Belief me - you will learn a lot on your journey to a functional cnc machine and other user are more than happy to got one or two hints from a fellow countryman with hand on experience!

BTW: What is the meaning of: Two birds with one stone ... :whistle:

It's not only about tools it's also about skills! 😉

Veröffentlicht : 29/11/2016 7:22 am
Roy Rathner
(@derroy)
Reputable Member

Two birds with one stone -> Zwei Fliegen mit einer Klappe erschlagen.

@Orenhag: We would really love to help, but we really need a few more informations.
Maybe you can make a video? I strongly believe your problems are a result of misalignment during the setup of the unit. A mechanical reassembly could help.

BR
Roy

MfG
Roy

SC 600/2; SolidWorks; UCCnC und UC100; EstlCam und Arduino Steuerung; KRESS 800kfme;

Veröffentlicht : 29/11/2016 10:56 am
Seite 1 / 6
Teilen: