file Frage aluminum cut

• montes_ricard
  • montes_ricards Avatar Autor
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
Mehr
23 Aug 2018 12:32 #54489 von montes_ricard
COM_KUNENA_MESSAGE_CREATED_NEW
The 1 and 1.5mm drill bits break despite cutting aluminum in a water bath. What I can do?.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
23 Aug 2018 15:10 #54491 von ubo
COM_KUNENA_MESSAGE_REPLIED_NEW
Adjust speed and feed.

Gruß,
Uwe

WinPC-Nc V3, EstlCAM V11
www.cnc.kuckmalda.de

Mehr
22 Sep 2018 15:15 #54695 von Rory
Shallow pass depths... 0.1-0.2mm per pass and work from there

Mehr
29 Sep 2018 07:52 - 29 Sep 2018 07:53 #54726 von Doug
As Rory says, you need to shave the surface when cutting with aluminium.

I have successfully milled 1.2 mm thick aluminium sheet using small diameter two flute end mills with no air or liquid cooling. The grade of aluminium is important. Too soft/pure (e.g. 1050A) and it melts the aluminium.

I even managed to mill a 20 mm thick aluminium block with no cooling (once) using the Stepcraft.

Take a look at my posts. I have several YouTube videos illustrating this process and I mention appropriate feeds and speeds which work repeatably.

Regards.

Doug

Stepcraft 2/840, StoneyCNC industrial HF spindle, 4th axis, TurboCAD 2016 Professional 64 bit, MeshCAM, GWizard feeds & speeds calculator, UCCNC
Hobby use: guitar building (luthiery), https://www.facebook.com/DougShortGuitarBlog/
Last edit: 29 Sep 2018 07:53 by Doug. Begründung: Additional comment added.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: montes_ricard

Mehr
11 Jul 2019 20:46 #57031 von Theg
Doug, what sort of cut did you do with the 20mm aluminium? I have spent the last 9 days!!!! trying to machine some relatively simple parts for a friend. my feeds are slow as, solid carbide 4 flute, cutting oil, cooling spray, 0.2mm pass, 4mm bit, HF spindle, etc etc. I have loads of experience, however the v2 840 has rattled its guide bearing loose 5 times now, worn the Y axis lead nuts, loosened the collet...…. no missed steps, no stress on any of the steppers, 37degs C in 24deg weather...….. I`m of the thought this machine is not fit for purpose.... id love for someone to prove me wrong without loads of mods? When the X access or Y axis tensions bolts loosen they cutters grabs the material and because there is zero rigidity it gets exacerbated violently with zero high draw protection. this isn't helped of course by the performance upgrade kit that has SS pins in the ally coupler that simply bend the ally and fall out...….